Horrid ear issues- perimenopause 😢

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ear issues have become my latest and one of my most distressing perimenopause symptoms. I'm 49. 11 months without a period and not on HRT. List a mile long of other usual symptoms.

Plugged, clogged ears, high pressure, hissing, swooshing, humming, pulsating tinitus, ear infections, excruciating pain/ear ache, refered pain into my face, jaw, teeth, neck, clicking, sinus stuffiness, no mucus at all and I'm absolutely sick of it.

I can't remember what normal, healthy, quiet ears feel like.

GP said infection....but no better after drops....now awaiting ENT. Though if its hormonal which I'm 100-percent convinced it is coz it's too coincidental to my perimenopause journey this year...I doubt he will do much and I bet he doesn't recognise hormone/ear connection. They never do!

Does this get better? Anyone offer hope or am I to have horribly blocked ears forever now?

Thanks. 🙏 xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi, yes im dealing with tinnitus, sinus issues, migraines, blurry vision, brain fog, fatigue no energy, heart palpitations, internal vibrations endless symptoms 💔

• Edited

Hi. Thank you for replying to my post. I'm sorry you're struggling so much too. I guess all we can do is know we are NOT alone and to help and support other women. Huge hugs and keep strong. xxx

• Edited

So sorry you are dealing with this too.I have it all and have for years:( All of this has gotten worse for me during post menopause. I was always lead to think things got better post, but not the case for me. Hugs for you:)

• Edited

Hi Cass

Thanks for your post and hugs

Bless you 🙏

I'm sorry you're struggling too...no words are there 😔

But we all have each other for support and know you're not alone. xxx

• Edited

I'm so sorry you're going through this challenging time. Peri symptoms are such a fun ride, aren't they (not). Last week I had to deal with cramping; today I had to deal with this sensitive scalp/stabbing headache thing -- SIGH.

But re your ear pain and clicking, do consider seeing an oral surgeon or at least a dentist. Temporomandibular disorder (TMD) shows up with these symptoms and ENTs often don't think of it or know how to address it. If the oral surgeon sees you have it, they could give you something to alleviate your symptoms.

Some time back I wrote this post: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thoughts-on-what-we-re-going-through-and-how-we-can-try-to-avoid-exacerbating-them-749174

Perhaps you might find parts of it helpful. Hang in there -- take comfort from the fact you're not alone -- hugs ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.