Horrid Hormones!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

I am 45 and have been going through the menopause for a year now, but peri menopausal for around 3 year before this... 

Recently my symptoms got so bad I am now using HRT (I ache EVERYWHERE,  am exhausted all the time, can't think straight, feel anxious and dreadful). I started HRT as I desperately want to try and get my life back... I've always been active, happy and alert but not anymore and it's so upsetting as now I literally find it hard to get out of bed each morning and function.  I have two children and I am not the mother I used to be which makes me just cry. 

I've been using patches for nearly 3 weeks and still feel really bad... the aching in my legs is just awful. Does anyone out there use patches and does it take longer to gain relief from them or are they just not for me? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help would be so gratefully received... 

AJ. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

AJacynM sorry that you feel so miserable we are all with you right there.. this is a process and for every woman is different, myself I have been dealing with this menopause symptoms and anxiety from June this year I was in a very bald place couple months ago and I feel that slowly I am finding myself again. It is very hard but breath, breathing and every time that you feel close to the edge make huge difference, walk walk walk I am just giving you what is now giving me some relief. I started with HRT and antidepressants but took me to a worse place. Now I am taking B-Stress complex in the morning after I eat something healthy, no caffeine no alcohol my multivitamins before noon and magnesium in the night. It is not perfect and is hard specially in the morning but meditations and every YouTube video that I found with guided meditation to help me escape from anxiety is in my phone I am practically living with my headphones on 😂 Find your balance, take notes, research everything that you hear or read and share with us here is a great help.

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi Marcia, 

Thank you so much for your response... I have just started to take Magnesium and have been walking a lot but at the mo I'm finding it hard to walk up the stairs!! I find myself making excuses as I just don't have the energy.  I'm not sure how long to give the HRT but the docs say 3 months.

I'm glad your starting to  feel a little relief in your routine and I hope it continues. I guess we're all unique and have to find our own way - think I may try the B Vits you talk about too. 

After all, I read this could go on for 15 yrs!! 😱

Best wishes, 

AJ. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.