Horseshoe anal abscess

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

I recently had anal abscess surgery. The surgeon told me that my infection had spread and formed a horseshoe shape. I had a ct scan which showed this shape. It has been almost 4 weeks and I am still draining pus. The surgeon has also attached three setons. They removed my 2 seton after 2 weeks but they haven't removed the last one and are waiting for the drainage to completely stop. Today (4 weeks after surgery), I had pain and my right cheek of my bottom was swollen so I went to see the doctor again. I had another incision and drainage but with local anesthesia this time in the doctors office. I tried finding about horseshoe abscesses but didn't get any info. I found many resources on horseshoe fistula but not on abscess. If anyone has gone through the same I would love to hear from them. Also I would love to hear about experience of anal abscess and some do's and don't.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.