Hospital

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Need some advice, have to take my daughter to great ormond street hospital next tuesday for 3 days. My query is should i knock orlistat on the head for 3 days as i will not be able to keep a check on my fat intake as i will be eating hospital food. Or should i continue with orlistat and pray my different food intake will not have any adverse effects.

Wiggs xxx :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wiggs

Difficult, i'm in a similar situation in the summer as i'm going to a festival and not sure about food, wondering if to just lay off them?

i guess you just have to ask yourself, would you want the added pressure of feeling poorly when you have enough on/

Why not lay off them but restrict yourself on the treats and fill up on fruit and veg?

Good luck

Carley

x

• Posted

Hi Wiggs,

When my daughter was in hospital last year i continued to take blueys as i had a choice of a healthy menu in hospital cafe. I aslo took a few bottles of flavored water with me to stop me drinking tea and coke,and i took plenty of fruit to save on expense.

I still managed to lose weight.

Love Jo xx

• Posted

you can always take some stuff with you like packets of ryvitas and raisins and cereal bars etc? flavoured water is good but im still too addicted to black coffee and diet coke lol

if its for a few days and you stop taking them I am sure you will be fine. I did the same this week, but bear in mind your body might start getting a few side affects again when you take them !!!

• Posted

Hi all

Thanks for the advice will let you know how i coped.

Wiggs :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.