Hospital feedback

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am due my biopsy on 18/1 at St Margarets, Epping, Essex. Has anybody else used this hospital and what are your views. I had my MRI there and a couple of consultations but would be interested in other's views.

If anything is found on the biopsy I may ask for a referal to Addenbrookes as I have heard good things about their Urology department.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Andy I'm sorry that your having a problem.  After the biopsy make sure you fine out what kind of cancer you have is it slow of fast growing.  Don't have anything done until you get more information.  Please read this story if you can fine it.  It is called.  I want my prostate back.  This guy was 52 had a biopsy 12 were done and there were some cancer cells found on 3 of them.  In 6 weeks he had surgery to remove the prostate.  The doctor said it was best.  But the doctor did not tell him that he had a slow growing cancer.  After he had it out he never was able to get hard.  His wife left him and got a divorce.  He went to the doctor a year later and The man finely ask the doctor and the Dr. said that he would have had cancer in 10 or 15 years..  The man ask the doctor for his prostate back.....Get information first please.   Ken     
    • Posted

It did not say in the story that I read but that what happen when you don't ask questions and you rush into things.  With slow growing cancer cell you just have to watch them.  Get as much information you can..Ken
  • Posted

I don't have experience of the hospitals you mention, but my experience of active surveillance in East Sussex has been fine. Cancer diagnosed after two biopsies but no presure to remove prostate. We all vary as to how we react, some patients are anxious to be living with cancer - even slow growing, and opt for surgery. The decisions made should be contractual, with patient informed consent and we shouldn't feel in awe of the medics, but we should also respect their expertise.
    • Posted

You must have the slow growing cancer. which is fine How old are you Yes we all make our own life but why get ride of it if you have a good 10 years or so.  To many side effects and life changes.  Life goes on.  You can listen to the doctors but we have to make the right decision for us   Ken
  • Posted

Sorry you haven't had an answer to your question yet. We all seem to have got on our own hobby-horses rather than actually giving you the answer to your question!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.