hospital or not?

Posted , 8 users are following.

3 months ago im diagnosed having gallbladder polyp, acid reflux and fatty liver.(im 26,only 5'3 in height and 60 kls weight.)I've been on medication but i stopped because i felt sicker.After i stop my meds i feel fine just by being careful on what I eat but then 3 days ago after my lunch i had a severe abdominal pain and i felt my stomach acid and felt like vomiting though its just water.Then after that i develop a trauma which i dont eat a lot and just go with soups.

ive done urinalysis just a week ago and says im acidic,my rbc is a bit high and i have bacteria.i want to go back to my doctor but afraid that she'll just give me meds again so i was thinking if i just go straight to the hospital for another lab test.?

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Go back to gp for further tests and please share your feedback with the medication with your gp. Do not be afraid and if needs to be change gp.

• Posted

Hi Trish, how did they diagnosed you with fatty liver? Through ultrasound? DAre you a heavy drinker or smoker? Just like Ed said you need to get more testings done, don’t be afraid to do so. 
    • Posted

hello jeff..fatty liver just by blood test..my sgpt and sgot is high..my cholesterol is also a bit high..

im not a heavy drinker and havent touch alcohol for a year already..i dont smoke.never..

ive done a lot of ultrasound and blood extraction already for the past 3 months..and kinda afraid to do more but I'll try to see my doctor tomorrow..thanks

• Posted

Diagnosed fatty liver just through blood test? They didn’t monitor the enzyme levels every few months? To see if it’s getting higher and higher? Nothing showed up from your ultrasounds? I had elevated ALT and they are monitoring it now. Nothing showed on my ultrasound. Negative on viral hepatitis
  • Posted

Can I ask why and what meds are you on. So when you stop taking them you fell better. I wouldn't take them until you see your doctor. Just curious why you are going through all of this. If all of your family had IBS then possible you have it too. You need to get with your doctor to come up with a plan. Or just get a second opinion. Going to hospital won't be a good idea. All they do is give people the wrong diagnosis. Anyway good luck.

• Posted

I have never though that i would be saying that but your statement make absolutely no sense and with your advise you can possibly cause more damage then good. You cant judge all hospitals based on your experience. In india they are slightly different then here in Europe.

Specialy while Trish is clearly in need of medical attention if only that but probably words of encouragement and postive attitude will be the least we should offer here.

Please consider that you are dealing here with humans and all cases are individual.

• Posted

hello ed..no worries its not that i hate hospitals actually i feel safe there its just my anxiety makes me think worse evrytime i feel something..

ill see my doctor tomorrow if i need further test..thanks

• Posted

Good job. You need to look after yourself..some of us try self diagnosing and sometimes successfully...but gp and hospital is a safe bet. Please do not worry... And for the fatty liver part.... Its reversible in early stages.. try to avoid fat and say no to alcohol. Take care
    • Posted

If i may ad.... Relax and try to listen to your body but do not i say do not relate all feelings with your condition....it will boost your anxiety up to the sky. I am sure you will be ok it will just need time to find the cause and time to heal.
  • Posted

What did they tell you about your gallbladder polyp?
    • Posted

hello..my polyp is just .3 in size 3 months ago so my doctor just said that its small and just need to look out on the food i eat..
  • Posted

I myself would just go to casuality xxxxxx
    • Posted

i actually thought of that but its just my personality thinking that as long as its still bearable until my doctor schedule i wont go to the hospital..
  • Posted

See your GP and explain all your symptoms and the reactions you were having to the medications.  If your GP is not helpful, see someone else. Your GP may well order more tests.
    • Posted

hello pippa..actually this is my 3rd already..the 1st and 2nd only focus on my acid reflux which i dont felt the relief from the medications they prescribe.. only my present doctor gives meds that good for my acid reflux but now the pain is in my abdomen..

ill try to ask her tomorrow because even my resurfacing and for the past 3 days i always woke up having drenched hair (not too hot in our place cause i live in a mountainous region).

thanks

• Posted

I had to see several different doctors to get diagnosed with IBS.  Maybe you need an abdominal ultrasound to diagnose your pain or an endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.