Hospital stay

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys I received a call today I have a cancellation and have been asked to go to the hospital for 12.45pm Friday,am having gallbladder out via laparoscopic surgery does anyone think I might have to stay in overnight due to late op time?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had my gallbladder removed on Fri 17 April and it was supposed to be day surgery. Arrived at hospital at 7.30am but didn't go down for surgery until after 4pm and I was kept in overnight - so yes there is a possibility. Also if they have to convert from laparoscopic to open procedure you will definitely be staying in over night.

Hope everything goes well.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hey, hey! I'm not from the UK, so it could be different. But in my country you have at least one night in the hospital, no matter the surgery time. If they decide, they can keep you longer. Could not be the same for your country, though.
  • Posted

I had went down for surgery at 12.30 pm and ended up staying the night because I felt sick and wobbly. By the next morning everything was fine and I was discharged at 10am.

• Posted

I had mine removed at 12.30 like you have . I was released at 8.30pm ...but I had no complications ..
  • Posted

So happy you are finally getting your gb out! I see no reason for you to have to stay overnight unless there is a problem and I pray all goes well!! biggrin
  • Posted

Hi, i had to go in hospital for 12.30pm on 10th April for my gallblader opertion i went down at 2.50pm back on the ward at 4.45pm and left the hospital at 8.15pm that same night,  
  • Posted

I went into hospital last week at 12pm for mine removed was in surgery by 2:30 an out by quatre to 5 however was in agony when I came around an was kept in overnight. A week later all my wounds are nearly healed belly button ones quite sore but can do everything as normal. However I am still getting the same horrific pain I had from the gallstones an have been told it's still possible to get the pain without the gallbladder?! I wish you luck an hope your pain is finally be over with after the surgery xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.