Hospital stay after Hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having a vaginal Hysterectomy next Wednesday. I did my phone pre op with the hospital last week and they told me I would go home same day. Did a phone call with the surgery coordinator at my Doctors office this morning and she said I'll stay overnight. Did anyone go home same day? Or did you stay overnight?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also had a vaginal hysterectomy and this was an outpatient surgery, I was sent home same day within 2-3 hours after surgery.

• Posted

No, I'm in the US. mine was not major surgery it was laproscopic surgery and everything went well thank god. That is the norm from what Ive read and researched for my type of surgery.

• Posted

Hysterectomy in uk is classed as major surgery..

Different countries do different things.

I had vaginal hysterectomy but was in for 2 nights with no complications.

Go od l uck.dianex

• Posted

Hi hun

I had my tvh in January. I had my surgery mondsy morning and i went home Wednesday morning.

Some people may go.home next day but i travelled 4 hrs firbmube so i decided to rest for an extra day. It really depends how you are but i woukd definitely not want to have gone home ssme day.. Its major surgery hun.

I wish you luck and hope you sail through it like i diddidx

• Posted

I had a vaginal hysterectomy three weeks ago and was kept in for the two nights. My consultant said I would probably only be in for one night but pre-op nurse said definitely two as it's still classed as major surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.