Hospital stay- how many days hospital stay

Posted , 5 users are following.

My insurance company Is denying my overnight stay for my myomectomy. According to them I should have been released the same day. Has anyone had a myomectomy vertical abdominal incision and went home the same day? How many days do women usually spend in the hospital?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh my gosh. I would never expect you to come out the same day!

I had a hysterectomy with horizontal bikini incision and was told 2 nights and that's exactly what I had. I would expect the same for horizontal myomectomy too. It's major surgery!

• Posted

I had a horizontal Nikon line open myomectomy with a 5-6 inch incision. These insurance companies are the worst. Maybe they thought I had a robotic surgery. Wish me luck as I continue to battle them and heal at the same time. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

They certainly appear to be from what you're saying! I had a catheter in overnight until the next morn and was on string pain relief

Good luck and thank you.

• Posted

It depends on the type of procedure your having if its robotic it's the same day if its a open mymomectomy where they cut into your stomach which is the one i had 10 days ago your going to need at least 2 to 3 days after surgery so try can observe you just to make sure your OK cause you anything can go wrong right after

• Posted

I had a horizontal bikini line incision 5 inches or so . The nerve of the insurance company. I will get yo the bottom of it. Thank you . Wishing you a speedy recovery
  • Posted

Vertical incision - 2-3 nights.  I had my my open myomectomy with a vertical incision on a Wednesday and was discharged Satuday morning. I can't see how it's an overnight stay, I was still on the morphine drip the next morning.

• Posted

I was on the morphine drip as well. Hope you feel better soon. I'm 2 weeks post op and moving much better than I was 14 days ago.

• Posted

They must be out of their cotton-picking minds!!  day surgery for open abdominal surgery???   Tell them to go have the surgery and see if they can get out the bed to go home the same day...idiots!  Just add stress to your already difficult time!  

As you will see from the responses we were all in at least 3 days.  If you have to get a letter from your Doctor and show ur discharge letter. 

Shaking my head.

I am 13 months post op now and still healing but very thankful for how much improved my symptoms are.

All the best with your recovery.

Vel

• Posted

Thanks! I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one who thought the same way. My Doctor will need to explain this to them. Wow 13 months... you are still healing? How long does it take? What symptoms are you still experiencing?

• Posted

Overall i am great,  I can say all the dreadful symptoms i had post op have gone.  I still get the occassional sharp twinge in my tummy.  I find i cannot jump around or be vigorous in aerobics or zumba classes.  Anything that shakes up my abdomen causes discomfort.  My periods although i dont get the flooding and heavy clots they are not back to normal yet.  I bleed moderately heavy for 2 or 3 days then i spot continually until the next heavy bleed.  No pattern, its not every 32 days like pre fibroids.

I recently went for my 12 month post op check and completely forgot to ask these questions! Lol but still i am thankful that i am better than before.

Slow journey but no comparison.

All the best for you

Vel

• Posted

I should add that i still have 4 small fibroids as seen on ultrasound recently at my post op check.  They suggest doing a hysteroscopy, taking a biopsy and inserting a Mirena coil to reduce the speed at which fibroids will grow and regulate my blood flow.  My surgery was a slightly complicated one and my biggest fibroid was 18cms....the bugger!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.