Hot chilli cream for feet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Twice I've been prescribed caspian cream for my neuropathy in my feet and twice chemist did not stock it, I'm based in the UK, can anyone tell me a chemist that stocks the cream and how have you found it to be useful or not

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have been using this for several years but since July of last year all chemists in the UK have been out of stock. Its manufactured by a US company and there appears to be a significant problem , with no resolution date given.

• Posted

Another good prescription only one is Traxam 3% w/w Gel. It disappeared for about three years when the company was taken over but is now back on the market.

• Posted

I got it OK from my local pharmacy on an NHS prescription. It is labelled ZACIN 0.025% W/W Cream and may possibly be made abroad but marked

PL/PA Holder Cephalon UK Ltd., Ridings Point Whistler Drive Castleford West Yorkshire WF10 WHX

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, doest it do any good for you

• Posted

It has helped with muscular pain and some joint pain but I've not used it for pain associated with neuropathy.

• Posted

I've managed to get some chili cream from amazon, trying it out today, not sure if burning pain is from the cream or usual nerve pain, I really am in lot of pain, just want it to all go away

• Posted

My wife has suffered from neuropathy in her feet for the past 2 years and it getting more severe. We are under local NHS pain clinic who have tried all the usual medication ( pregabalin duloxetine, Amitriptyline etc) to no avail. She has been prescribed Capsicum cream 0.075% w/w to apply 3 times a day. This produces a burning sensation so she also has EMLA cream to desensitize the skin before application. It is too early to tell if is helping and she has painful sessions so often that it is difficult to fit treatment in.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, im trying to go down the surgery route now, I've got an appointment at Leeds hospital to see a neurosurgen about spinal cord stimulator or dorsal route operation for the pain, I can't take much more of this pain, it has really hit me hard in every way possible

• Posted

I use it on my knees. I've never found the burning sensation to be all that bad. It quite quickly wears off although it can come back during the night if I get warm. She should not use it too soon after washing when the pores are open.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.