hot faint spells is it my CFS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I keep feeling hot and weak/faint (not dizzy) throughout the day have to lie down for 15 mins. then it passes. anyone else get this. sometimes so uncomfortable I have to remove some clothing to cool quickly.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes.  Feels like I'm trying to walk on a air mattress on a wavy lake.  I have to lie down for an hour or so.  Fifteen minutes no longer does the job.  Sometimes I get too warm when this happens, sometimes I get chills.  Good old CFS.  Always ready to toss up a surprise or two!  sad

• Posted

Hi Phyllis. thanks for your reply. Mine isn't quite the same it's more like hot with a sinking feeling but I don't actually faint. No sooner do I cool everything down then I get too cold.lol. For me the worse thing about ME is wondering should you put all your symptoms down to it or Fibromyalgia or check them out. Our doctors are generally very busy so you just ciross your fingers and hope for the best. I used to go more. No point. No doctor apart from the consultant who diagnosed it has ever mentioned the condition on any of my visits over 10 yrs. Your spells sound very difficult to. There seems to be a little more research going on. I do hope they find something to help soon. so much of our time is wasted. Oh to be normal...well sort of! There's a lot of talk about the vagus nerve or gland..can't remember. Sounds interesting. I've read a bit online. Best wishes. Keep positive 😊

• Posted

I haven't fainted eitiher, but have felt that if I didn't get down and flat fairly quckly I would.  Your "sinking feeling" comment is right on.  I, too, have given up on getting any real help with this stuff; however, I hadn't heard about the vagus nerve or gland or whichever, so I'll do some reading.  Yes, I try to keep positive, but the older I get, the more difficult it becomes.  I'm 82 now, and besides ME, I'm dealing with old-age stuff, anxiety, the nerve pain of a five-year-old mastectomy, a heart condition, and a neck out of place.  Some days it is all just too much rolleyes.  I agree that doctors are usually too busy and (I think) uninterested in dealing with a problem that doesn't have a known solution.   When I have one of those days, I just stay in bed ( which helps the ME), until I start to feel a bit better. Fortunately, my family is very understanding.  I feel terribly sorry for those of us who don't have good support from family members.  I hope you do.

• Posted

hi Phyllis you sound remarkable to me with all you have to cope with. I'm 65 yrs young 😊. it's a big plus having family support which i I don't apart from husband. I'm sure it has helped you. take care.Anne

• Posted

Tell your husband that his support is keeping you going.  You can tell him I said to keep it up. CFS people need strong support!  :-)

• Posted

Hi Phyllis .just wondering how you are. I'm in bed going through bad spell of tiredness and faintness etc. and I remembered this post. Are you ok? It's not easy getting older. I'm 67. Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.