Hot flashes???

Posted , 8 users are following.

please ladies, explain to me what hot flashes are and what they feel like. im 48 in october, and i think i e started having them randomly. it feels like , when u get a CT scan done and the dye they put into your veins... that rush wave flush feeling... what do you think the flashes feels like???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi jennifer - when i was in peri, i mostly suffered from random sweating & heat attacks & insomnia - i am now 7 years post menopause & for the last 3 plus years, i experience what i would describe as burning body parts or intense sunburn - it mainly affects my back, upper chest, forearms & shoulders. it almost feels like a volcano erupting & i can often feel sick to my stomach or woozy after it stops. i generally can experience it anywhere from 2:00 am to 6:00 am, but now am getting them more often - i just started experiencing this "skipped beat" palpitation. i have oftened wondered is this my kind of hot flash because when i ask friends if they have experienced this they look at me like i am crazy. i have these hot flashes dauly with horrible leg pain which came on 14 months ago - lets just say i feel i have paid my dues with all this menopause crap -

• Edited

Hey Debra... I know exactly what you re talking about when you mention the stomach.. I can tell when its coming because it start from the gut. Its such a horrible feeling and it comes on upward, and the heart palpitations with it. A lot of people tells me the same thing that their hot flashes aren t like that either.

• Edited

i started to get them as soon as i would wake in morning i would get really sweaty all of a sudden then it would pass, sometimes during day i get like a warm feeling come over me however other night i felt like my heart skipped a beat, couldnt breathe for a second then had a hot rush from head to feet, my peri has not been confirmed as bloods showing as normal, but this is not normal

• Edited

Hi Jen hot flashes for me feel totally random patches of heat. this started around 4 months ago. it started with a random patch just on my lefthand side bottom of my back, it used to just be like for a few seconds then gone. now i get them in different parts of my body. back, thigh , bum cheek, arms, chest. like you i didnt know what the hell was going on until my friend told me about the premenopause . i have felt utterly shocking ever since. feel random pain almost everywhere. im on propanonol for heart palps . antibiotics for ear nose infection. everything inside my body feels under attack. i wake up on a morning and think when will i have a good day? hope this helps x

• Edited

I get hot flashes now and again. Its like the upper part of my body and face feels a heat rush and I sweat alot, then I get a cooling effect and it is gone. I experience it randomly. I get beads of sweat on my upper body. Luckily I don't get it at night.

• Edited

You've described them perfectly! I never thought of it that way before but yup! That's what mine feel like!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.