Hot flashes after UFE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I had an easy UFE experience the worst part was just laying flat for 6 hours after the procedure. My recovery has been good apart from having hot flashes. I'm sweating one minute and freezing the next, I'm not sure if it's a fever or hot flashes. What's the difference ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear your recovery is good. For me, I had major hot flashes after my procedure. They would come and go several times throughout the day, each one lasting 30 seconds to 1.5 min.  I hated them. So annoying. If you have a fever, I’m sure it would be constant. Monitor the difference but I have heard of women having worse hot flashes after the procedure. It happened to me too. 
  • Posted

I had that. Freezing then really sweating. I still get the hot flushes though. I am nearly three months post procedure. I am glad you are making a good recovery. I agree the laying flat was horrible. I still get some pain and am taking naproxen.
  • Posted

When did you have your procedure? I am now coming up for 6 weeks I think that it’s the discharge and high temp that you know you have the infection although I had a night in hospital last week as I had the symptoms you had I had an mri scan luckily my fibroid is shrinking I still get pain in my left side though anyone else get this x
    • Posted

It's a week today, I saw my GP yesterday and she said your body goes through a lot and it's probably trying to heal itself. Just dreading the first period though I'm expecting it any moment now

• Posted

Hi Amanda I'm now 7 weeks post ufe send I'm getting cramps everyday particularly during ovulation, I had to get out my painkillers. I have back she and cramping on one side. How are you feeling now

• Posted

Each week am getting better my gp says the op was hard for me to recover last time I saw her she says I looked better so probably did not look well still feel pains now and again but I just take paracetamol for it. 
  • Posted

I had my UFE 8th August 2017. As the pain wasn't letting up I went to my GP's urgent care clinic. I was put on a seven day course of antibiotics and given stronger painkillers as ibuprofen and paracetamol wasn't doing anything. I tried buscopan too. I have had an MRI scan x 2. I cannot seem to go a day without a painkiller. The hot flushes come and go too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.