Hot flashes and panic

Posted , 5 users are following.

It seems like all woman have different symptoms to menopause. I have posted before about ill feeling with peri menopause now to add further the reluctant panic barracks and doom. It seems anything I eat anymore causes pain in my upper abdominal area four days of upper gastric pain under right rib cage past test of ct and ultrasound should negative for gallbladder problems now I just panic every night over the pain and discomfort of hot flashes but no sweating ER visits negative for cardiac GYN is reluctant to give me HRT due to past death of daughter after giving birth factor five I have been tested negative results but GYN says factor five is something that no one really know about. I need relief I have read about B complex and magnesium and started three days ago but symptoms are still there. Any suggestion? The fun also gave me Valium which of course I am afraid to try

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't be afraid of the valium Misty, break them in half if you're worried. I never took them in my life until the last year but they can give you respite from the incessant anxiety and panic attacks, just take them occasionally so you don't get addicted!

I can empathise with the digestive issues - I've had epigastric pain every day for the last year, all scans are clear but even the docs concede that the gut/pancreas doesn't seem to be functioning as it should. It's caused me huge anxiety and stress as it's debilitating and nothing I eat agrees with me. I believe the hormone changes are having a big impact on my gut.

You're not alone, the pain is real but sometimes it's the anxiety that causes the most suffering and we can work on relieving that. Take the valium when things get bad, it will help.

• Posted

Thank you for your response I wrote during a panic attack in The early hours. I am so frustrated I want this to go away so I feel like me again. 6 months with no cycle symptoms are getting worse then better. My stomach just gurgles and hurts all the time not to mention the on and off hot feeling across my chest neck and face which seems to make things worse. Menopause is no joke!!
  • Posted

Hi Misty,I agree with ruthie don't be afraid of Valium,I break mine into halves or even quarters,it helps at times when you just can't get out of the panic.I listen to the honest guys meditation on you tube,that's a great way of helping get over a panic attack.I have magniesium spray,and soak my feet most days in Epsom salts,or you can get magniesium flakes.usually within half hour after soaking my feet I feel relaxed and end up having a nap,when I wake up I feel much calmer x
  • Posted

Agree with the diazepam it so helps in the desperate times and like the others I break my 5mg in half xx
  • Posted

Valium is suppose to help anxieties i am on ativan lorazapam is the generic name. It will help you. I do understand your fears on meds because i have a lot of fears. With me having diabetes, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism and sleep apnea i am afraid of going back on my HRTs because i am doubling my risk of heart problems and stroke if i do HRTs with being diabetic, having high blood pressure, hypothyroidism and sleep apnea 

I can't take antidepressants for it does not help me and irrtates my stomach i am afraid of a lot of meds and i don't like them either 

• Posted

I heard HRT helps with some symptoms but not everything. My OBGyN won't prescribe it for me due to to the high cancer risk, so I just deal with my issues by taking various over the counter anti acids for my stomach issues, and B12 and D to keep me a little less anxious. Seems to help some, but its not 100%.

I pray this perimenopause ends soon. I don't know what's worse peri or regular menopaus . 10 years though is too long to feel this crappy.

Hang in there Misty. We're all in this mess together. Thank God for this forum.

Didi

• Posted

This forum helps me at 330 in the morning when I'm panic feeling like I have symptoms of death and when I read others have the same symptoms helps me relax to know I'm not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.