Hot flashes beating heart

Posted , 2 users are following.

Cant sleep with hot sensation and strong heartbeat

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

people in the forum will probably  need more information about you and your heartbeat. Age, sex, previous or present conditions, even where you live... is it hot? heartbeat could be due to many things...
    • Posted

hi pal 

age 37 presently on nexium for gerd ,i had an endoscopy which showed stomach and gullet inflammation 

i live in Ireland been getting hot sensation when trying to sleep and aware of my heartbeat more if that makes sense.

also have high feritin levels of 520 ,which i have given blood for investigation for haemochromotosis

• Posted

No Fever pal

i would be very interested in the meditation if you could help

i am not obese

but have not been doing much running lately 

would it help me 

• Posted

I would not do any running until you have tests. It is a good job you are not obese. I am and I eat very little. When are you going to see the doctor?
  • Posted

Hi Mike,

My partner has a condition in the esophagus named Achalasia. I do not think problems in the gullet as you call it. Have you seen in Internet or the  pamphlet of the medication you take what are the side effects? I understand this is the only medication you take no?  There are good pages in Internet to look for medications side effects. You have to see quickly a  General Practitioner and tell

him/her that. Also: you need to have the blood pressure assessed... your pulsations... are you obese? do you exercise a lot? too much?  Cortisol, (too high or too low). Can you do mindful meditation? Do you know what it is? It helps a lot whilst you wait to see the results of the tests and the doctor... If you are interested, I can explain it to you... try not to have too many clothes in bed. Sometimes we overdo it. I live in Australia. I do not know much about  health care in Ireland although. (I lived in Dublin when I started studying English in 1979, for six months). I am from Barcelona in Spain but live in Australia. Other people from Ireland may answer you..

Let us know how you get on.

Lots of luck

• Posted

As always.....check first with your doctor.  

Ask him/her about adding DHEA (a supplement) to your regime.  DHEA levels decline as we age, but we Addisonians lose it along with the disease (or so I've been told by more than one doc).  DHEA is part of a chain of hormones, apparently.  I noticed that when I forget my DHEA, I get hot flashes at night and my heart is pounding.  DHEA supplements also helps with hair thinning.  I've recommended it to many menopausal women (I know you don't qualify!) because it really helps with the hormonal hot flashes that come with that period of life.

It is rather a benign treatment that does a LOT.  But still.........do your own research and check with your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Karen

I really would like to have the opportunity to have my DHEA checked. The mainstream doctors in Australia have never commented on having my estrogen or progesterone checked... let alone DHEA. Other doctors like holistic and integrative medicine do not seem to be around for us people in need to see them.  I believe what you say to be true because I have read things... My partner had a very low cortisol  levels (saliva test);  his DHEA levels were ok they said.  No comment on mine in their report. I feel cold, I then wear something else, and after sometime, I get the hot flushes, also I get them at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.