Hot Flashes From Hell

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I have started sweating so profusely that I am afraid to leave home, and if I do go out I’m so embarrassed . I am 62 and I started menopause when I was 50 . it has really sucked the joy out of my life. ****

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, hormone replacement therapy, and even bio pellets, are not safe. I have been in the medical field for years. Just one study of 1 million women by WEB MD, Shows very strong evidence that your risk for getting breast cancer, ovarian cancer and many others, rises. I have seen this happen and it is awful. I will not take that risk. But its a choice I made for my family. Everyone must decide for themselves.

• Posted

hi lee - i am 62 in February & i sweat profusely in the heat & warm rooms, my issue now has also been intense flushing, like my vasomotor system is on overdrive. i did develop rosacea with menopause so maybe that contributes to my flushing, i just dont know anymore. i am overweight and my Gp said the reason why i sweat like a pig and flush like a shy person is because i am estrogen dominant. oh joy! i just try to drink water constantly and have frozen washcloths at the ready - if you figure out how to stop this nonsense, please do tell - its so lovely, isnt it?

• Posted

DEBRA I feel your pain. I am on a quest to conquer this before I jump of a cliff!!! I am going to my GP in the morning to see if my thyroid is the problem. Sometimes women over 60 find that it could be the problem. The 6th I am going to a psychiatrist! I am struggling! I will share my findings. TRY to stay cool!

• Posted

First of all...you do not look your age. You're gorgeous...so if I look like you do 12 years into meno I will be happy....HOT but happy.

What have you tried for flashes? I dress in layers, drink ice water, fan a lot. Considering black cohosh.

• Posted

first of all looking great lady 😃

And so sorry to hear your having a bad time 😦

im 56 ...and i suppose iv bern quite lucky the most deliberating symptoms fore were the bladder probs constant UTIs and the need to urinate all the time nearly drove me around the bend!

plust i have had joint problems and needed a new hip last year...i went on HRT 9mths ago and for me personally its been amazing!

i feel 10yrs younger....iv heard it solves the hot flashes to?

hope you get some relief soon ...best wishes Aly 😃))File size is too big

• Posted

Lee the Million study is considered old aged and not scientific approved. Modern hrt is considered safer and you can use it for life. It replace the estrogen our body needs. i dont think that meno is something natural at all and we don't need to suffer! I am 42 and on hrt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.