Hot flashes stopped; palpitations began

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 51 last period was 7 months ago; before that 11 months. 😦

I've had hot flashes for a few years and get them very very frequently throughout the day. Sometimes 5/hour!

Anyway, about a week ago, the hot flashes stopped abruptly. Now I'm having heart palpitations.

Recent bloodwork shows good thyroid levels, good iron. I have also had a recent physical. All good there, too.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi marybeth yes im exactly the same last period was at xmas so been 8 mths now before that i went 6 mths been in peri about 4 yrs uuuurgggg had every sumptom and im not taking anything apart from vitd and menopace supplement im 53 by the way so recently the hot flushes and night sweats have got much worse and the dreaded palps are horrendous especially ar night sooooo scary i have every symptom different every day it is so hard hope this helps a bit it had been a god send on this forum chatting to othet ladies goin through the same not easy at all hang in there hun we are in it together

sending hugs xxxxx

• Posted

hi marybeth,

I do have heart palpatations but though im on HRT I'm still getting an odd but somewhat regular cycle so not sure when its going to stop completely. I have just turned 50. As my symptoms were severe i was put on HRT and carbamazepine, Duloxetine and metazipine and Panadeine forte for extra with the pain. It has by no means all gone away but I dont suffer the burning pits of hellfire or the overwhelming anxiety of madness. I dont have the burning skin on my face, head and left side of body or burning mouth syndrome unless i forget the medication or just as my cycle is rising it seems to break through the meds.

Anyway the point is you're not alone and maybe the palpitations will stop for you too as the hot flashes did. I pray thats what happens after its all over. I hope you find peace from it really soon.

• Posted

I am now 12 years post meno but from the age of 51 to almost 60 I dealt with palpitations sometimes they were really bad but my heart checked out fine so I researched and started taking 400 mg of magnesium glycinate at bedtime every night and within a couple of weeks my palps were almost non existent ...it might be worth a try I have just continued to take the magnesium as my doctor says it's excellent to take for a healthy heart

• Posted

hi paisleygirl could you let me know which magnesium product you used and where from thanku xxxx

• Posted

hi Nanette I am in Canada so I get it at shoppers drug mart it's Orange Naturals brand veg caps 200 mg each I take two caps so 400 mg an hour before bed each night it also helps with better quality sleep most nights

• Posted

hi paisleygirl thanku for the info im in the uk but will defo give it a try xxxxx

• Posted

thanks, paisleygirl! I was reading about magnesium glycinate last night and ordered some from Amazon!

Good to hear it has helped you so much!

• Posted

Marybeth I hope it gives you some good relief the palps are horrible and cause so much anxiety it's definately worth trying ...good luck 💖

• Posted

Nanette it has definately made a huge difference for me but it takes a few weeks just persevere with it ...good luck 💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.