Hot flashes triggers

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi girls, anybody gets hot by just drinking or eating hot things..it seems like at times this happen..I run up the stairs and I get hot,every little thing can trigger anyone else has hot flash triggers.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria, I actually get cold flashes during the day, and yes my triggers are if I eat something cold, applesauce for example today, and sends me right into a cold flash shivering teeth chattering cold flash, it's awful, but I've always been cold, and to warm up I blow my blow dryer on me ha ha feels so toasty warm when I need to warm up quick... But then last night middle of sleeping I woke up to night sweats completely drenched, so my hot/night sweats happen only while I'm sleeping, and during the day it's cold flashes😂

• Posted

My hot flashes are more at night. But i'v noticed if they happen during the day it seems to be if I get anxious or have a bad thought they come on really strong. I break out in a total body sweat. I also get cold flashes once again usually at night and its like my whole body is dunked in ice water. Its the weirdest sensation.

• Posted

This happens to me too. I can get a sticky humid feeling just walking up the stairs and hot drinks trigger hot sweaty feeling!!
  • Posted

Yes . It happened to me. I found when I eat spicy foods it trigger my hot flashes. Now i stick minimal spices and only indulge if I'm at a family gathering.

• Posted

My triggers are anxiety, and sugars, especially chocolate.  When I get upset or feeling anxious I get hot flash.  I also get them through the night.  I just get the hotness and no sweating.
  • Posted

I notice a big trigger for hot flushes for me was bending down (e.g. to pick something up from the floor). It seems that it is a positional thing. Anyone else get that? Also I have noticed that, in the day, if I haven't had a hot flush for a while and I think "hum, I haven't had a hot flush for a while", I immediately get one! So, trying not to think about them too much, if that is going to trigger it!

• Posted

I don't really know how to call it. I am in HRT and I was on buspar from sometime not anymore. I am better but not totally from hot flashes specially if I am anxious I think is really related to stress. Now is 1:30 am I can't sleep because I can't really breath I get this horrible feeling dry mouth and is hard to breath in any sleeping position. Very hard 

• Posted

Yes just by drinking a cup of hot tea or eating hot soup triggers the sweats 😀

• Posted

stress and caffeine and alcohol with me trigger hot flashes xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.