Hot flashes with mono

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! I’m hoping this finds you all well. I have a couple of questions.

Has anyone had excessive hot flashes with mono? I’ve never really had a fever with my mono infection  except those first three days but I’m having up to 10-15 hot flashes a day (not in menopause). 

Also, how long before the lymph nodes to decrease in size?

Thanks so much:-)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tabitha... I also have hot flashes, mostly at night. They seem more intense than normal and last longer. The best thing I can suggest to curtail this situation is to avoid sugar and caffeine. See if that helps. In the meantime, I hope you feel better real soon...
  • Posted

Hi Tabitha,

Absolutely I had what felt like kind of hot flushes during the virus, it was the best way I could describe the running fever going through me it was like waves, sometimes it would be hot waves it would feel like it. I really hope things settle for you soon, just want to offer encouragement that these symptoms do pass Tabitha and the lymph nodes settle and all symptoms disappear with time. For me it took a number of months to get there but I did get there thanks to God's help, I hope and pray and believe that you will feel much better soon - thinking about you and remember there is hope and recovery out there no matter how difficult it seems at the moment. Hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much Craig. I feel I am much better this week!!!
    • Posted

Oh that's great you are feeling better than last week, excellent to hear! Remember still manage your activities and don't overdo things, this virus can be zig-zag up and down at times, so the key is not to take on too much when you feel a bit better and manage things at a steady pace and build them up as and when your body tells you is the right time.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig! Yes, I’m noticing the ups and downs with this virus. It’s so annoying. Symptoms totally disappearing for one day while another symptom takes center stage then the disappearing symptoms comes back the next day. I’m so thankful for the good days when I almost feel somewhat normal.

One day at a time. 

• Posted

Definitely so annoying Tabitha, it really is! This is normal let me assure you, and this phase does pass when the ups and downs level out and your body feels normal again and able to handle doing things without feeling like it can't cope. It definitely does make you thankful when you feel better after this, and you are going to have those good and amazing days ahead again when you're in full health and feeling grateful for it - I truly believe that for you. Hang in there and as you say one day at a time!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.