Hot Flush or What???

Posted , 7 users are following.

One of the many symptoms I hear the ladies talk about is hot flushes. I have been experiencing times where I just get hot all over all of a sudden. But I don't break out into sweat.

Has anyone else expierenced this?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

I have never got sweaty but had I guess they were hot flushes where the heat seemed to rise from my stomach to my head, I'd look all red and hot but never broke into a sweat.

Before all this meno business if I got really hot say sunbathing or when baking I didn't actually sweat then either.

After my periods stopped I just felt really horribly hot all the time it was one of the reasons I started HRT and mostly I've returned to being the ice queen I always was.

• Posted

I've never been a person to get hot too much. I'm usually the one with a heater on trying to get warm. Now I'm running around cracking windows and trying to get air any way I can. My body just seems to be so out of control. I'm so over it.
  • Posted

H jamie

Forgot to say...............what you wil find is, that when your hot inside, and you come to eat, or, drink a hot drink, stand by a hot radiator,  hot weather, too many bed clothes, will all trigger a hot flush to come out more, so, look out for that.  My husband said to me one day, he dreamt one night, that he was on the beach, and the sun was burning down on him, he woke because the burning  was uncomfortable, when he woke, it was my hand resting on his leg.

• Posted

Oh yeah, I noticed now that when the heat is on in the car or in the house it drives me crazy. The heat was on last night because everyone was complaining about being cold. I was cracking windows.. I couldn't take it.
    • Posted

There you go, were supposed, to open windows, difficult in winter for the family, stay on top of the bed, or, try a fan, wear cool cotton in summer, so, when you recognise what symptoms, and when your getting them, you try the lifestyle changes, so, for anxiety you do the breathing, relaxing exercises, depression/fatigue go for a walk, drink water,  or, alternative therapies,  anti depressants, etc,  you just need to recognise  your symptoms, accept what it for what it is, then try and help your body get through it., until you start recognising it straight away, you cant deal with it,  and then start thinking, oh well this is what i do for this and so, on and, so on, because early on your thinking, this cannot be the menopause, im really seriously ill, hormones cant do this surely, whilst your thinking like that, you will keep hunting for tests and reasons other than accepting its the menopause, because we cant accept that hormones can make you feel dire, to be honest, thats half the battle, acceptance!!  but it will get better, knowing whats wrong is everything!! you will get use to it, it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.
    • Posted

Horrible, I always used to be the one asking first can we please have some heating on in here.

I spent a lot of time last year standing outside cooling down.

I always loved the summer too but the last few years I can't put up with sitting in the sun.

• Posted

You are absolutely right. I just couldn't think that it was all hormonal. The symptoms just came so suddenly that I just knew it was some serious illness. I am starting to recognize some of the symptoms when they are coming on. They seem to happen in cycles. So I'm playing the balancing act now to see what works.
    • Posted

My body is all out of whack. I don't know what my body is doing anymore. I used to keep a heater under my desk and sweaters on the back of my chair, now I feel like I hate heat. I thought I had a fever yesterday. I kept asking everyone in the house to feel my forehead. Again, they thought I was crazy.
    • Posted

good luck jamie, everyone we will all help one another on here, trial and erro, and what ever works for you. 
    • Posted

hahahahah ................ive done that! were mad arent we  I remember years ago when i was in my 20s, seeing a women ironing in the garden, it was such a hot summer, she was ironing in her skirt and bra, in the shade, now i know why??...............hahahahaha, thought she was mad, until i started doing the hoovering, in my tshirt and briefs, only upstairs though, i wouldnt go out like that, im not that mad yet.

• Posted

That is hilarious. I have an aunt that used to hang her feet out the window because she said they were too hot. Could never understand it until one night I woke up with my feet on fire, I cracked the window and hung my feet from under the blanket. You could imagine i really thought something was wrong with me that night...hahahaha
  • Posted

Climb every mountain it is!  You made me laugh today, wish Julie Andrews was ready today.  You see the line of patience I have!  None!!!
    • Posted

Hi Jo,

Glad we can find some amusement in it. I'm over it.

• Posted

its the things we have tried isnt it, its like everything you can laugh at it later on, even if it still hits us hard again............funny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.