Hot Flushes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Will any ladies of a certain age please tell me WHAT WORKS sad

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry Alicia, I'm not of a certain age but forced to take HRT after hysterectomy. :twisted:
  • Posted

Can't help here thankfully
  • Posted

Well, I am a woman of a certain age without a doubt .... but have never suffered from a hot flush ..... :?

My mother didn't either ..... so maybe I am just going to be one of the lucky ones :?

And I don't get mood swings either ........ neutral

Oh no, I b***** well don't :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Posted

[quote:62dbd9c430=\"katie.k.\"]Well, I am a woman of a certain age without a doubt .... but have never suffered from a hot flush ..... :?

My mother didn't either ..... so maybe I am just going to be one of the lucky ones :?

:[/quote:62dbd9c430]

you can really go off some people very quickly can't you? :roll:

• Posted

Well, you inherited good, strong teeth Alicia ... I have spent thousands on restoring my pathetic weak ones :evil:

So I now look like this :D

• Posted

[quote:74d99bcb65=\"katie.k.\"]

So I now look like this :D[/quote:74d99bcb65]

haha :lol:

my mum has hot flushes with the menopause and hasn't found a magic cure. think she just uses a flannel or opens the window.

sorry, that wasnt very helpful was it? :roll:

Trees x

• Posted

I have a little hand held spray that squirts water in your face, it's actually very nice. And in desperation I have been known to sit on the floor in front of the freezer with the door open for a minute, because the heating is on for the 'normal' people who are feeling cold.

It's not just the heat though, the flush itself feels quite nasty, but my CP told me ME causes an intolerance to pain and discomfort and we feel things far more acutely. I can agree with that.

• Posted

Honestly Trees .... if I had suggested a wet flannel to Alicia I would have been well and truly told off and probably received a cyber slap round the face with one :lol:

A friend of mind described in detail a hot flush and they really do sound unpleasant :yuk:

This was after I mentioned to her that I wouldn't mind having them cos I always feel cold ...... :erm:

• Posted

It's not just feeling hot, Katie, it makes you feel very lightheaded and weird.

Why would I have slapped you with a wet flannel? I wouldn't've sad

• Posted

I know my neighbour swears by a herbal supplement that she sends off for - will try and find out what it is.

Trouble is, once again, it is a very individual thing sad

• Posted

Could be Black Cohosh or Red Clover. I have yet to try these. :roll:
  • Posted

It's something she has to send off for - can't buy it in shops .... she swears by it as had awful hot flushes :oops:

I shall be thinking of you now whenever I open my fridge door :brr:

• Posted

Let me know, I'll try anything - once :D
  • Posted

I'll e-mail her now :D

Isn't it daft e-mailing a next door neighbour :roll:

I just can't stand and chat these day, or phone for that matter - what a pain everything is :roll:

• Posted

Max Dog has a girlfriend, Susie, over the road. I e mail her mum, Cheryl all the time. I only call in if I am passing on Max Dog's walk. That is the way we are nowadays, e mailing is so easy, much easier than a phone call. Can't stand phone calls. :weird:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.