Hot flushes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies, I know we're all different but wondered how long you all had hot flushes for? I've been having night sweats on and off for about a year and thought maybe I'm lucky and won't get them in the day time. How wrong was I! Last few weeks I'm getting several a day plus the night sweats. Phew, I'm even sweating typing this!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Oh poor you I've been having flushes during the day as well as at night. To be honest I've no idea how long these can go on for my mum had them well into her 60s you could see the sweat pooring off her. I guess I will probably follow her for that. My mother used to love the cold weather and would always go out into the cold to cool down. I hope these don't last too long for you😨xx
  • Posted

Hi have you seen the drinking water with cucumber in it post, it seems to be helping some with the hot flushes very well,

Sue x

• Posted

hello 

oh dont get me started on hot flushes redface

i only ever had them in early peri and night sweats ..

night sweats where you wake up sopping wet and legs slipping off each other .. and day flushes where for me, heat from face down for a few seconds or minutes .. intense .. often followed by feeling cold ..

well i had about 2 years of those on and off .. but in early peri ..

i started Rainforest food Maca capsules and they helped no end with all the symptoms..

i started with an early peri ( same as my mother) but mine lasted ten year ..

ummmm i am now post meno aged 50 and guess whatm last summer my hot flushes returned, and severely was having 20+ a day .. they have eased off now, still get them daily but not 20 plus.

it may have been the intense spanish heat and being newly post meno .. not sure.. 😩

hormones play havoc and tells our brain we need to cool down so we have a flush ... also can be other issues, but if in peri time or post meno then more likely just that

jay x 

• Posted

During the menopause, oestrogen levels fall.

Although not fully understood, scientists think that this fall in oestrogen causes a glitch in the way the hypothalamus senses body temperature, making it think that you are too hot.

This causes a response designed to cool the body down. More blood goes to the skin (one of the causes of hot flushes and reddening of the skin) and sweat glands start working (the menopausal sweat).

oh the joys redface

• Posted

i do sometimes run cold water from the tap on my wrists 

thats very cooling 😄

mine are not as bad now - hope it stays that way..

just had a major flush blip last year ( mainly summer) 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Susan, I saw on the forum yesterday that u mentioned  ( in the post on hot flushes) water with cucumber? Is this just sliced cucumber put into a glass of normal tap water? I'm ai the moment experiencing night sweats But not in the day (YET) so if and when I start with the day sweats I will (hopefully) b prepared. 1 slice or 2 or as many as I want? Thanks.
  • Posted

Hi I started the cucumber post lol I've been 8 days now with out a flush I had 2/3 a day with sickness I am now eating a few bits of cucumber and drinking infused water I am totally amazed how it's helped me
    • Posted

Hi cazjaz16

Glad you jumped in discussion. I am going to try your cucumber remedy. Worth a go. I have night sweats a few times a month and generally hot at night. No actual hot flashes during the day, more just being hotter than usual and getting hot and sweaty down my neck and back even when cold.

Where did you read or hear about it?

• Posted

I read about it being a cleanser for your system so started drinking it and realised it has stopped my hot flushes so eat and drink cucumber quite a bit now and still not flushed day 9🌞 But if you go back to my original post you will see what another lady posted about the benefits of eating cucumber amazing facts xx
  • Posted

Hi Ladies

I am 44 and have had night sweats for last 2 to 3 years. Started very gradually in my case so that I did not make the connection until Dr told me. Initially I had night sweats maybe 2 a month, waking at 2am ish, hot all over and sweaty. Then I noticed during the day I was feeling hot and would be sweaty down my back and neck. Not a hot flash per say, more a kind of being hotter generally than I ever used to be. I was a "always feeling the cold" kind of gal, but now I don't feel the cold as much.

lately, I get night sweats maybe 3 or 4 times a month usually either week of or week after my period. Ì have to sleep with thin cotton pajamas even though it's cold and cannot tolerate our usual winter lambswool blanket which my hubbie has on his side of the bed as well as a duvet. Funny, it's like clockwork, I awake at 2am ish with the hot sweat.

ĂŹ will try the other ladies suggestion of water with cucumber. Certainly worth a try.

• Posted

The cucumber remedy sounds interesting so I'll definitely try that thanks. I was a bit like you Sydneymum because I think I didn't make the connection between waking up soaking wet and menopause. Now it happens every night so I've gone and bought the lightest quilt possible. I'm always complaining that my husband has the heating up too high - who would gave thought it! Standing outside in the cold air is also a wonderful relief. I think I have night sweats every night and hot flushes several times a day now. Plus I put my arm round my sister in law the other day and she said I was like a hot water bottle - so I think I'm constantly hot buts the moment I don't go red which is lucky as I teach full time.Unfortunately these are not my only symptoms so I hope this is the worst bit and it goes soon. Thanks for all your comments x
  • Posted

well i suffered with my hot sweats in pre menapause stage from the age of 57 to 61, im now 64, its easing off a bit now, think ill increase the cucumber drink a bit more, i decided to drink it to see if it would help with my many other physical problems after reading about the many benefits of cucumber.i mainly find im getting one in the mornings now when i wake up, have a cup of tea and always get a hot sweaty flush about five minutes later. i have a friend who got them back again with vengenance at the age of 64!  not very comforting is it.!
    • Posted

Morning ladies 

i googled cucumber in water and ir has many benefits 

i certainly get a cucumber when i am next out 

thanks 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Caz 

oh yes .. 

i see that water melon also good ..

i do eat lots of melon in summer ..

i will certainly try it, i do like cucumber .. I see that the cucumber skin is left on and some even liquidise   the cucumber and drink the lot it in some water 

Thanks again 

😊

jay x

• Posted

I leave the skin on and eat some of it once I finished the water I also put it in wine and soft drinks lol. I'm going to get some water melon as well then lol smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.