Hot flushes

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am 54 and had my last period 2 1/2 years ago.i have the usual symptoms like anxiety.palpatations.restless legs and hot flushes.i started taking b6 vitamins 2 years ago to help and they worked but lately the flushes are happening 20 to 30 times a day.has anyone any suggestions on what else works.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I have suffered every sympton on the planet over the last four years and sympathize

With everyone. I have had a box of HRT

Patches for 2 years and only started taking

Them 6 weeks ago in desperation.

I have to say that i m starting to feel like me

Again and now i never want to stop taking

Them as i just cant bear the thought of

Going back to how i was before. It is not an easy decision to take them but i feel that the years without HRT have been wasted. I

Was an anxious grumpy depressed woman with no spark for life and now that spark is

Coming back. Hope you feel better soon 😊

• Posted

smartie, are you still having periods or had they stopped?  just debating the hrt thing also, as dont want to go on like this for years on end.
    • Posted

Hi periods stopped when i was 46 am going to be 51 this May. I thought long and hard apoarently it takes 3

Months to feel the full benefit but i

Already can see a difference. Less

Anxious lots of energy much less

Grumpy and depressed. I did have a period after 10 days ! But thats

Stopped. The patches are Femsept

Evo but i live in France. Good luck 😊

• Posted

thanks smartie, seems like its a long road, so need to have a serious think about it.  thanks for that  confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.