hot flushes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having really bad hot flushes for the last fortnight, there usually bearable but not recently, can any of u lovely ladies have any helpful advice or taking anything that helps, ive heard SAGE can help?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I think clary sage oil 8 drops in a carrier oil such as sweet almond and apply to inner wrists 3 x a day is good for hot flushes.
    • Posted

Thanks, I may give it a go, am fed up of buying products that don't help
  • Posted

Someone told me sage supplements help. I haven't tried them myself yet. Just trying to deal as best I can with them, but I usually get the flashes at night instead.
    • Posted

Ive been awake most of the night with flushes, its like someone boils my blood for a minute then turns it off, not nice.

I have read an heard that sage helps.fed up of spending money on things that dont work.

• Posted

Hi tjhaden

i have just turned 50 periods stopped about 3 years ago  not sure what stage I am at.   The only thing I do get are hot flashes but recently more frequent and some cramping like period pain.  Not sure what and why 

but I have not found anything thing yet to help flashes. 

Sorry. 

• Posted

My periods I thort had stopped for 6 months ladt year up to Christmas then came back this year on an off an spotting. Flushes were bearable but the last couple of weeks a nightmare !!
  • Posted

Hi tjhaden

i have just turned 50 periods stopped about 3 years ago  not sure what stage I am at.   The only thing I do get are hot flashes but recently more frequent and some cramping like period p tto go with iNot sure what and why 

but I have not found anything thing yet to help flashes. 

Sorry. 

• Posted

Hi.

I started talk g evening promise oil capsules. I found my flushes especially the night ones have almost stopped. Have the odd one now and again but no where near as bad. Hope u get sorted soon

• Posted

I take sage leaf tabs 4 a day my flushes are managable but night ones are nasty
    • Posted

Hi there.  Think I will try evening primrose as I used to take them when I was younger for period pain and it might help with the odd cramp pain I am experiencing at the moment. Anyone else experience this discomfort?? 

Thnak you. 

• Posted

Hi lornaj

I used to take eve primrose for hormones etc but they made my skin soooo bad so I gave up taking them.love to find something that works.oh to be a woman !! Lol

• Posted

I wonder why they work during the day an not at night. The night flushed seem to worst at the mo
    • Posted

Oh yeah the joys. I think that's the probkem, make Drs and as much as they try they really don't understand. ...
    • Posted

My sister swaers by them for the period pain.. I do now for the sweats.. Can be good for dry skin too if u split a capsual and run into the skin.. The best thing is they are so cheap as well but I think myself like many others would pay anything to be normal 😰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.