Hot Flushes and Chills

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, my hot flushes have returned after three months without them. Not only am I having hot flushes they are follwed by coldness. I have been experiencing this for about 2 weeks now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Same here. All my symptoms seemed to be subsiding a few months ago and I thought I was over the worst. But all back with a vengeance. Temperature fluctuates radically, mood swings, insomnia, and so on. Guess I'm not out of the woods yet. 

• Posted

Yes, I seem to be flashing at least 20 times a day now. I find it hard to concentrate at work. Sometimes my co worker would look at me and ask me if I am ok.
  • Posted

Don't think I'm quite on 20 so I feel for you. But people have started mentioning it. I just say I'm having a hot flush - I think it should be more recognised and out in the open; it's nothing to be ashamed of and I'm on a quest to educate people more on what happens to millions of women! ;o)  Does anything seem to trigger yours?

• Posted

Sugary foods, carbs, also any shift in my emotions like anger, especially when I am feeling stressed. Other times it just comes on it's own.

• Posted

Hi, yes i get those ... I now wear a t.shirt and jumper/ cardigan as I'm really hot when flushing , face red, and skin so hot then i feel chilled...At night my husband says he can't get near me as I'm boiling...I kick quilt off ..Then feel cold ..I've started taking sage tablets...They now seem to be helping a bit after 1 month

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.