Hot Nodule / Hyperthyroidism / Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

Just curious if anyone who is hyper and on antithyroid meds experiences cold intolerance?  

I'm only on 2.5mg Methimazole and don't feel bad but I'm almost always freezing, unless I'm bundled in bed under tons of blankets. I've been hypo and remember the deep bone chilling cold I'd feel at times. My numbers are good, other than low TSH. Will check it again next week, but if I stop meds my TSH will probably drop again.

I wonder if the nodule is only inconsistently shooting out too much thyroxine? Maybe I'm flipping?  Another note.  I had TPO antibodies that have dropped to almost normal. Could I have had undiagnosed Hashi's?  I had RAI uptake scan and it showed my thyroid to be normal, other than the one nodule taking up more iodine than the rest of my gland. But my uptake percentage was really good, showing my thyroid is functioning normally (other than one hot nodule which is shrinking)  Could it be burning out?  So confusing. 

I never had bad hypo or hyper symptoms, if any at all that I recall. Doc says I'm subclinical hyper now and to stay on meds and keep checking #'s. 

Anyone have a hot nodule burn out or shrink? Anyone being hyper suffer from being cold? 

hugs

Jaye

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You could possibly have Hashi's.  Besides the anti-TPO, they can check for TGAb antibodies to rule this out.  What  are your thyroid values, i.e. TSH, Free T3 and Free T4?

I don't have cold intolerance per se but in the wintertime, I have an allergic response to the cold.  I was from Northern Ontario and when temperatures fell way below freezing, when I walked to school, after i came inside I would get hives as I warmed up.  This was due to an allergic reaction to the cold which produced too much histamine.  Now that I live in Southern Ontario which often does not have the same extreme weather as Northern Ontario, in the Fall my nose runs continually just from the change in temperatures.  This goes on until the Spring.

• Posted

Hi Linda

Before resuming Methimazole

FREE T4   range: 0.71-1.85    Mine 1.56

T3,FREE  range: 2.3-4.2   Mine 3.6

TSH:  range: [color=#5c5c5c]0.49-4.70   Mine:  .09[/color]

[color=#5c5c5c]THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODIES  [/color][color=#5c5c5c]< OR = 1  <1

Is the above Trab?  This is all he did[/color]

[color=#5c5c5c]THYROID PEROXIDASE AB  [/color][color=#5c5c5c]<9   Mine dropped from 123 to <18 

I don't have my last test on hand - a week or 2 after resuming Methimazole, but my TSH lifted to .11 but it had been .25 before stopping Methimazole.

I have my copy of last test which I'll post after I unwrap from my chair :-) 

Thanks Linda xo[/color]

• Posted

TRAb or TBII is test for Graves antibodies and TGAb is test for Hashimoto antibodies.
  • Posted

My Tgab is negative. <1    so this means I didn't have Hashi?

• Posted

I would say if you don't have Hashi antibodies that you don't have Hashi's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.