Hot or cold compresses after gallbladder removal ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is better to help you with pain after the gallbladder removal, a hot water bottle or cold/ Icy bags. I am not sure if it's ok to put a hot water bottle on top of the belly button or where the gallbladder a used to be

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I didn't need anything like that.  Just lots of prescription pain killers.  That will sort you out.  If you are experiencing pain at the moment, you should find that goes as soon as you wake from the operation.  It will just be a question of pain from the scars. 
    • Posted

Well i have the pain killers but I would rather not take many of those because I do not like taking that much acetaminophen which is combined with the hydrocodon. Also I fell life one pill does not do much and I am afraid of taking two
  • Posted

Honestly I'd use painkillers and maybe a bag of frozen peas. Wrapped in a clean white towel, especially if the incision site is still irritated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.