Hot sensations, dizzy, aching neck, shoulders arms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all. I'll be 41 in November. I'm having some issues and not sure if it's hormone related or something else. I get random hot face, ears, neck, chest and the backs of my arms. Sometimes it comes with redness as well, sometimes not. Pretty much every time I get a dizzy like lightheaded feeling as well. And now my shoulders and upper arms are aching. I have been tracking symptoms in my app and noticed I started to get the aching shoulders and arms in the days before my period. Periods are still coming monthly almost like clockwork. That had gotten fairly short though. Does any of this sound similar to what you're dealing with? I'm am an anxious person anyway and it's been peaked lately because of this. I have my yearly Thursday so I'll be asking her lots of questions too.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im 43 and have recently started with these symptoms, plus many more. I worried constantly what it could be but this forum has been amazing and answered many of my questions. I never realised that my shoulder pain in

particular was related to the peri. Its great talking to people going through the same.

• Posted

I am 5 years into menopause at age of 49. I get all the symptoms you describe but I have fibromyalgia and other conditions so never sure what the cause is.
  • Posted

Hi Bri!  I am 41...started all this weirdness last year after I stopped the BCP.  Wacky periods are usually a tip off that you are in perimenopause.  Your hormones will be dancing all over until post menopause...up to 10 years for us!  I skipped some, then went every 21 days, very light only needing a liner.  I am estrogen deficient...light periods, fatigue, migraines, anxiety, etc.  I am currently waiting on my period now so I can get back on a combo BCP.  Figures...I am at 30 days now!  I have been suffering terrible symptoms for over a year.  This forum is wonderful!  Post and ask whatever!  Good luck at your appointment!  🤗

• Posted

Thank you all! I think what is currently worrying me the most is the aching shoulders and arms. Of course I naturally think it's something with my heart because my arms are aching too. I've done a lot of reading on the forum here and see that some other people have the same complaint. So that is at least a little comforting. Not that I'm happy anyone has to go through this lol But you know what I mean.

• Posted

Mine is both shoulders but only my right arm. So tired of the weird and scary pain down the arm. Hang in there!!
    • Posted

Thank you Shannon!! Sometimes it's both arms at same time. Then other times it will only be one or the other. Bizarre. Guess I'll hold on for the ride. 🙄 Hope you feel good soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.