Hot sweats like a boxer...cold sweats like ant-acrtic !

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was 999 into hospital last night but as they left me in a cubical with heart monitors clanging away , no food, no drink and no drugs l discharged myself as l was fed up listening to the staff discussing their holidays!!!!!

Anyhow , part of my heart problem is the sweats l get ...

Sweat 1:

l can start to sweat for no reason at all , my body is soaked from head to feet , l look like boxer in training as it runs down my face , my hair is soaked , my clothes absolutely soaked and they are  so wet l have to have them pulled off me .This can go on for an hour or more and the only way to stop it is to lay completely flat on the bed with a light cover, lm normally exhuasted after an attack and fall to sleep afterwards ...a temprature level has been recorded at 101 when this happens.

sweat 2:  

l start to feel cold ( l did this once in Jamaica in a heat wave ) l start to sweat very heavily , go grey , cold and waxy. I have to go to bed  laying flat again with a duvet + blankets+ another furry blanket on my skin which by now is icy cold.

yesterday a paramedic took my temperature and it was 80.1 ....l was freezing , yet it was warm and sunny outside.

My husband last night was constantly covering me up in bed as l was grey   Cold sweating and freezing ....yet l was hot ! 

l have heart problems ( congenital heart disease, angina, hole in my heart , leaky mitral valve, lm bradicardic, tacycardic, and have postural orthostatic tachycardic  syndrome )as well as arthritic, digestion problems, walking problems , glaucoma....l tell you talk about the walking fead 😔😂😂😂😂    which is why l was rushed in after 8-9 angina attacks in 24 hours.....but for some 20+ years now my hot/ cold sweats have been driving me mad  as l cant go anywhere , do anything ....sweat, sweat, sweat all the time .

By the way, no its not the chage of life,  l had mine after a hysterectomy when l was 40 , l dont take hormones, l am only a bit overweight , but then l had them at 8 stone, 10 stone  even 6 stone .......so giys anyone else suffering like me ?????

a sore soggie Ami who is in and out of bed soaking everything and still happy ...daft as a brush my hubby says. Xxxxxxx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi lady ami,

Very complex list and I can see why you get frustrated with hospitals, obviously it doesn't hurt to breath as you never mentioned it during your sweating attacks, I do remember you saying in another section that you do get breathless but you still didn't say if it hurt to breath or not, as explained just awhile ago about me experiencing the same symptoms as you after being diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolisms I wonder if that's what you may have ?  My temperature was normal yet I was like you, sweating from head to toe, reflux increase ( maybe due to new blood thinner medication for me ) chest pain, back pain etc etc

• Posted

Hi Samuels, no l dont have an embolism , a shodow or collapsed lung but l have had all three many  many years ago.

when my angina hits l get tight chest pain front into back , arm etc, but  no pain when l sweat .

when l sweat  it just starts and its utterly horrible , its like someones chucked a bucket of water at me , lm soaking and unless l lay  perfectly flat for 30 minutes it will not stop, l also get it if l eat, drink or  if someone makes me jump .

As for cold  ...lm so cold lm wet , grey, shivering  and my arms, legs and feet hurt with the cold like lve been in a freezer .....once again l and have to lay flat with tons of duvets on me  sometimes for two or three hours until l ' defrost' , lm still amazed the paramedic caught my core temprature  so low , l know by the look on his face he was shocked !!!!!

last night  poor hubby really thought ld died in bed and its getting him more and more worried.

ami xxxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.