Hot water bottle syndrome!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I put a hot water bottle in between my legs when sitting down & relaxing as my legs were painful as am a MS sufferer. Unfortunately, I had the water too hot, tho, had cover on & have found now it has left with mild red blotchy patches on both upper legs. I looked up Dr Google which, I wish I hadn’t & it said if continue use of heat in the area it could cause trouble (won’t be doing this again) but, it has given me some anxiety over it, tho, they said it should disappear in time.

Anyone else on here experienced this to reassure me!

Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Who knew?? I don't know much about MS, but I sure love my hot water bottle. I tend to get mine too hot sometimes also, but haven't suffered any permanent damage. I need to stay off medical websites, too!! Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you pamie28299 for your reply. Am hoping given time the heat blotches will fade as wont be doing that again & yes, I agree Medical websites such as Google can scare you @ times & increase anxiety!

• Posted

If you haven't done this already,  you might try some plain aloe vera gel on the splotches. 

• Posted

Thank you Pammie, no, I haven’t tried aloe vera, but, will do as have heard it has healing qualities in it. The blotches I am pleased to say are not so red now so, hopefully they will all disappear in time, but, that has taught me not to do that again, but, thanks for your help!
  • Posted

Glad to hear they are looking better! I have a big bottle of aloe vera I keep in the refrigerator, it lasts forever! It's one of those things I use that may not help, but won't hurt!

• Posted

Hi pammie,

You taking about aloe vera, I also have one in my fridge as I have the gel  (in yellow container) for my IBS so yes, I could dab some of that on.

It seems to be slowly getting better, can see more of my skin colour showing through than redness, tho, still there. Let’s see how this gel works now, but, many thanks for the tip!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.