Hot weather and worsening of symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Arrgh was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing more pain over these last couple of hot days.

The pain in my legs and the throbbing in my feet has had me in tears. My chest keeps getting tight and all my veins are throbbing madly.

I don't know what to do with my self.

I take 75mg of Amitriptyline and 2 Co. Codomal every 4 hours. What else can anyone recommend. I'm getting fed up with going to the doctors just to be told there is not much else they can do.

Thank you

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I can only offer a tip for cooling yourself down quickly. Hold your inner wrists under the cold tap - it works for me. Your tight chest might be made worse by you worrying about it. I know that's easy for me to say. Hot weather makes me very tired, and that makes me feel ill.

• Posted

The water tip's a great tip pixie; think I'll try that. I use a special beanie hat that holds a lot of water to cool my head down and I always have a cool fan blowing on me.

• Posted

Hi Carla have you tried any meditation It might help,if there's any ways of calming the nervous system down try alternative do help  I go to a chiropractor who uses a massage to drain the lymphatic system it has helped me immensely and I use self massage at home now I was in a bad place at one time with symptoms you are describing and still am really I just don't push anymore I wish someone had the answer to all our questions I got fed up of doctors After a while and helped myself.also I use magnesium spray and magnesium citrate it helps relax muscles greatly hope this information might help you 

• Posted

Thank you I have just started looking into the magnesium spray I take the tablet but heard the spray was better. I have been to several different chiropractic but the pain I experienced the next day was excruciating may be I need to preserve
    • Posted

Hi have you tried the cranial therapy that's good and the chiropractor I use has been trained in the Perrin technique it's for the treatment of m e  it's a gentle massage it helped me when nothing else did I tried yoga last week and have been in pain in neck and shoulders since so frustrating I know how you feel yes the sprays help a little too  

• Posted

I also use hot and cold compresses on my neck and shoulder area it's also part of Perrin technique it helps with inflammation only for 5 mins tho about 3 times a day it also helps 

• Posted

Thank you I'm going to look into the cranial therapy I was also recommend oxygen therapy!!! Has anyone tried it.

Lady at the hydro pool has ms and goes once a fortnight to a clinic

• Posted

Hi and yes definatley, the last two days have been awfull, its mainly my feet and legs, legs aching and throbbing, my feet are burning like ive walked on hot coals. I dont bother to go to the doctors, havnt done so for years now, as you say theres not much they can do. I take nothing at all. Just try and put up with it.

Sue  

• Posted

Hi Carla

I was asking myself that very same question yesterday. I think the answer is most probably yes, the hot weather can make symptoms worse.

Like you I've been getting quite a tight chest since since the weather's got hotter, I then get short bouts of finding it hard to breathe. All I do is curl up in a ball on the bed, bury my face in the pillow, relax as much as I can and ride it out. There's certainly nothing I can take that helps. I haven't had these symptoms for quite a while now, so seems likely the hot weather has triggered it off. My general aches and pains do seem more prominent as well. These I can cope with though, it's just the chest tightening and bouts of laboured breathing I really don't like.

To keep cool I have a spray bottle that sprays a fine mist of water, and a large fan. I spray my face, neck and arms and let the fan blow on me, doesn't sound great but it is actually quite effective and keeps me cool. There's also the trick of freezing a large container of water and putting it between you and a fan, acts like a homemade air conditioner that will blow cold air around. It does work, but its no substitute for a proper air conditioner.

Hang on in there, there's only today to go and the weather should be cooling down quite a bit then. That'll be it for our summer no doubt!

All the best.

• Posted

Thank you I have just got off the phone to my Dr and he is tallking about putting me on adderall or Vyvanse 20 mg during the day to help with pain but im so worried about addiction. Think i will just ride it out, I think pain is all a bit worse as i had a bad cold and cough last week.

• Posted

Just found that my dogs cooling mat works wonders, shes not to impressed though x

• Posted

My friend, who's got fibro, says she bought herself a couple to lie on and she puts them in the freezer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.