Hot weather, anxiety, neighbours burning stuff.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not sure if it is to do with anxiety but I find hot weather uncomfortable, it has been quite warm and humid here today. A lot of my anxiety is due to not feeling in control. I have been frustrated and got quite agitated that I have not been able to keep cool. This morning I had to keep the windows shut due to the neighbours using a petrol strimmer and mower which were very noisy and kicking out fumes. I went out for a walk for a bit for a break, then this evening I had the windows open and another neighbour started burning something in the garden which smelt really strong and blew into the house. I got really upset that something someone else is doing is affecting me and makes me unable to relax in the house, which is feels like it is intruding on the one place I normally can feel safe and relaxed. It happens several times a week and I feel very jumpy about leaving the windows open too long as end up getting smoke in the house.

I am still reluctant to go back on antidepressants, and feel they make me feel the heat more, but maybe would help not get so worked up about things.

Anyone else feel uncomfortable in the warm weather?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im not a fan of the hot weather,I too get uncomfortable and it makes me feel a bit breathless which I hate
  • Posted

I find the hot weather uncomfortable too and feel more irritable, which can add to my anxiety. Shut the windows and use a fan if you find the neighbours a nuisance.
  • Posted

I live in Texas so I couldn't survive without air conditioning. It's 90 degrees right now.
  • Posted

I have mixed feelings over summer, I find the sun lifts my mood as feel very low over winter, and it is nice to go out if not very hot, but it is the lack of air or stuffyness indoors I find difficult and gives me a headache.

It has dropped a bit cooler tonight and I've got a fan on now which helps.

I even bought a portable aircon the other year, but it costs a lot to run and have to put hose out the window.

• Posted

I too find the hot weather adds to my anxiety.  I took dog for a walk this morning early and there was little wind so I have a dread about today at work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.