House Paint ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Happy New Year Bronchi Friends,

I really want to paint some rooms in my home.  Does anyone know if painting the walls will bother my bronch and asthma. ( I already paint oil paintings and that doesnt seem to be a problem. )

On another note, I finally go a nebulizer and it is not as helpful as I thought it would be in terms of clearing lungs.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Happy New Year to you too Murphs

Hate to have to say this but yes, it can affect you. Mainly it's when there is bare plaster or any mould spores if you're stripping wallpaper that is the worst. Just straight forward painting maybe OK for you. However, you will soon know.

• Posted

Yes!  I had my house painted and that is when I discovered I had Bronch.  I had asthma as a child, but when the flare-up started during the painting, it was different.  I was not doing the painting and was trying to stay out of the area, but it took awhile for the smell to go away.

There are some paints that are better for people with breathing problems and I am about to find out what brands they are because we are soon painting our bedroom and bath.  Dreading it because of the possible breathing issues!

• Posted

Hi Murphs,  Paint does really affect brochiactesis.   I have just recently had  laid new wood floors and all walls stripped down to plaster and painted.  This was in December heyho Iv'e had the worst chest infection i have ever had. so after two weeks on antibiotics no joy and now on Doxycycline with prednisolone, at last, 4 weeks later I am beginning to feel better.  Although my doctor does not like giving me steriods, I do believe they work better than enything else.  I have'nt heard of a paint that is susitable for lung problem, but I'm sure there must be something out there. Good luck

• Posted

Smells in general have a bad effect on me. My hubby cannot use his deodorant spray around me. I cannot wear it or perfume anymore. Paint, Thinners or anything affects me. Not sure if this is general or just me

• Posted

I am similar in that I have problems with certain smells. No longer wear perfume myself & have problems with air fresheners & incense! 😏
    • Posted

Wish there was a perfume I was able to wear doesn't feel right going out without it. Also used to always have air fresheners of one sort or another to hide stale cooking smells etc. Now put the occasional incense stick on top of the radiator to scent the room as cannot burn them for the smoke.
  • Posted

Sherwin-Williams themed color palettes provide design context and direction, a great catalyst to p[ainting house

Pottery Barn's Spring/Summer 2016 palettes coordinate perfectly with their home furnishings and accessories, making it easy to decorate with confidence..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.