Housework

Posted , 11 users are following.

Can anyone advise when I would be able to start doing some ironing, I will be 6 weeks post op for A&P prolapse tomorrow, thank you ladies

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 3 1/2  weeks post op for an enterocele, rectocele and perineal reinforcement. I have been very careful about resting and no bending or lifting but I did some  light ironing this week. I have done it seated since my anterior repair of last year, anyway, and had my husband put the board up and get the iron ready and put the items to be ironed right next to me. I sat on the sofa, with some cushions under and behind, and had a pleasant time  listening to the radio. I didn't feel, for me, that I was overdoing it.
    • Posted

On my physio paperwork it says you can iron week 3 to 6 but to be seated and only a few items at a time then rest, I ironed week 4 as my husband doesn't possess the skill of ironing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.