Housing benefit not been paid.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, yet again it's friday almost half past 5 and i just realised my housing benefit hasn't gone in the bank as it should have done today, it's too late to ring them and my rent comes out the bank on monday morning. 

I haven't been notified as yet of any suspension of my housing benefit clain so i can only assume it's because iv'e been moved into the esa support group so it's mucked up my housing benefit (which there's no reason why it should but hey as we know it sometimes does)

So i now have to wait till monday again (did the same last week with disability premium) before i can try and find out the reason it wasn't paid and then try and sort it out.

I'm hoping it may have just been delayed and it will go in tomorrow but i'm not holding my breath. has this happened to anyone else when they were moved groups in esa?..

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gill, 

I know you've probably sorted it now but just to let you know, you're right about HB getting suspended because of your move to ESA SG.

Although it doesn't make any difference to the claim the HB system automatically suspends your claim when it recieves notification from DWP system. It will happen for anything, new benefit, stop recieving, change of address, anything.

If your council is up to date, it should get dealt with before you know about it but just so you know for future (i.e if you get disability premium)

Anyway, hope it's all sorted now 

• Posted

Hi erykah, it's sorted now i hope, it was a change of phone number that suspended my claim.. even the woman i spoke to said it was stupid.. 

but she was going to un suspend it and pay me what i wasn't paid.

x

• Posted

Glad it's all sorted

The systems are a pain suspending it for things like phone numbers. Did she confirm whether your ESA had come through yet? because that will suspend the claim again so keep a look out just in case

• Posted

Oh, joy. it will twice then cos not only will it have changed for moving to support group but it will change again cos they will have to recalculate it all for the severe disability element.. so that's 3.  sad will have to check every time a HB payment is due for the next few months.

thanks for the heads up.

x

• Posted

No probs hun,

Like I say the HB assessors usually deal with the suspensions as soon as they come on the system and unless you need to provide any info you wont even notice them. Just make sure you also inform them (HB) when things change because sometimes the DWP system doesn't trigger it right away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.