housing benfit

Posted , 3 users are following.

im now on 373 fornight that includes my esa and my sdp i currently pay 40pnd fornight rent as i get higher amount how much extra will i have to pay does anyone know

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you are registered disabled put in to council now for a housing benefit and ask for rebate you won't have to pay any rent if your disabled or over 61 . Ask for refund if your entitled as you was just told

• Posted

The council are told straight away not worry about any change in benefits .
    • Posted

already told council change in me rate of esa so hopefully i dont have to pay not to much more
    • Posted

Yes I know but you can put in for the extra bedroom tax if you disabled you don't have to pay any rent please look into this . Co tact the housing benefit dept and ask

• Posted

Being disabled won't qualify a person for help with the bedroom tax. I'm disabled and was hit by the bedroom tax last August. I currently have to pay £17 per week for my spare bedroom.

Being in the Support Group doesn't mean you're there for good. A maxium award length before a person is re-assessed is 3 years. Not everyone gets this length of time.

• Posted

Do you know if you are put in the support group is that it there for good as my health getting worse
    • Posted

im been put in support group for year see if my health improes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.