How a Doctor can say I am GS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Lab results always showed my bilirubin level high out of three or four tests. It was always up and Down but never below normal. Liver functions are normal but only problem is bilirubin. Is it a real finding that I am GS? Also, I took vitamin d and omega 3 for 3 months for my cholesterol. That resulted me with liver side pain . Did ultrasound but liver was normal. Since then every time when I take vitamin d causes direct pain in my liver area. I took vitamin e it makes me feel little better. Do you guys feel any pain in liver or abdominal pain when taking vitamin d or omega 3??? Any experiences please!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I take both Vitamin D capsules and Omega in the form of Codliver oil and have never had this problem.....but we are all different. You can get Vitamin D transdermal patches (at least in the U.K.) so you could try these. They come in different strengths and are sometimes called 'sunshine patches'. You could also try different strengths and types of Omega (fish oil - capsules or pure oil). Another thing to think about in relation to Vitamin D is using the kind of lamp that is used by people who experience Seasonal Affective Disorder, they are available on the internet. Their use naturally increases the body's production of Vitamin D.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.