How about this then?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Have just been out for a 1 3/4 kms Whitsun walk - without rollator, without stick!  (For the first time in 3 years)!!! 😎😎 Must admit I had husband's arm though.

Feel very proud of myself.  (I can just hear some of you saying "pride comes before a fall").

5 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good for you Constance🏆🌻🌷

Enjoy your new found freedom!!

Sorry, have to run and cook some new potatoes😉.  Naughty girls, aren't we supposed to be cutting out carbs😀👏👏

Hugs, Diana🌸

• Posted

Hi Diana.  I don't know what I would do without carbs (I hope Eileen doesn't read this)!!  I've just eaten a streaky bacon sandwich, and last night, for tea, I had potatoe wedges and garlic dip 😊😊.

I'm one of the lucky ones, however.  I don't put on too much weight (famous last words)?!!

Have a great weekend.  Regards from Constance

• Posted

The 'Boss' will be picking you up on this!   I have never been a fan of diets, but I have never been overweight, and don't eat more than I can expend in activity.  Saying that I have put on a small amound since I have been on 10 mg of preds, but am working on removing this during the better weather - hopefully!!
    • Posted

Confession time. I had  steak and chips for lunch then had a crumpet for afternoon tea. Very naughty but very nice. Warm fuzzies to everyone.
    • Posted

It isn't that I NEVER eat carbs, even I eat the occsional new potato! But it has to be something special in theway of carb. Like pure rye Bauernbrot...
    • Posted

Do you ever make your own Bauernbrot?  I tried it once, with loads of different seeds in it, it tasted very good, but the next day it was very dry - so a lot of work for very little!!  Local baker sells the same for €3.20, it's great and it lasts for days (must use a lot of preservatives).😏😏
    • Posted

No - far too much like hard work!!!!

Not necessarily - rye bread made with Sauerteig will keep for ages. You maybe left it in the oven too long?

• Posted

Reply to a post over 2 months ago!

Since reducing pred  (now on 5mgs) and still eating carbs, I've put on 3 kgs.  (They really were famous last words).  I was one of the lucky ones who took off 10 kgs.  I hope I don't put on the 7 kgs that I weighed before PMR!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.