How accurate is HIV test?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had unprotected sex on Dec. 3, 18 i got tested Jan 7,19 so around 5 weeks how accurate is the test i know i will have to test again at 12 but will it change?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Get a viral load test done. That will show particles in your blood.

• Posted

Antony how is your health ?did you find any root causes of your symptoms?

• Posted

do you think my test will change i tested at 4th gen 5,6,7 and now 9 weeks 63days i been going threw it so scared man i had unprotected sex with a sexworker im scared man

• Posted

what test did you have? antibody/ antigen combined test? its is incredibly rare for it to turn positive, if the first test was negative im sure you will be fine

• Posted

I had the Cmia test done which tests for P24 antigen as well as antibodies to HIV1 and 2!

• Posted

hi antony i been have Similar situation as you expected my uvula swollen badly image man im scared i tested at 9 weeks 4th gen i hoping that i can make it to 12 weeks i been having issue

• Posted

it was worst than the but they give me Steroids Prednisones this what it look like before and i tested at 63 days 4th gen non reactive i also notice sore on my gums Yesterday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.