How am I doing?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I have been on the blueys for 4 weeks now and have lost 9lb.........Is this good enough?

Lots of peeps on here have mentioned 'weigh ins', my dr hasn't not requested that I come in for one, is there a time limit before u have to go back to ur dr's for a update???

Cheers

Josie xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

my GP asked me to go back after a month the first time, but now I go back every two months. He said I`d done well the first time and I`d lost 7ib so you should be fine. Last time I was weighed he said he was pleased to tell me I was no longer medically obese, just overweight :!:

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply. Do u think I should request a 'weigh in' or wait til I get called?
  • Posted

Hi Josie,

I lost 9lb in my first month so you are doing fine. Some people on here lost a lot more in their first month, some a little less but the main thing is its coming off!

My doctors insist i get weighed each month, I get a month's supply of orlistat at a time and when its about ran out, i go to the docs, they weigh and measure me and then give me another supply. I think it would be a good idea to make an appointment with the nurse and get weighed as you will find their scales are probably different to yours.

Good luck

• Posted

As long as their scales make me even less, I will b happy!!! lol[/b]
  • Posted

i go for a weigh in every time my perscription is running low, about every 4 weeks at the moment, i get weighed and the dr decides if its still working enough to warrent another perscription smile
  • Posted

Geez, I feel kinda worried now....my GP didn't even weigh me when he handed me the prescription, let alone measure me...am I being neglected? lol :?
  • Posted

Gonna b putting in for my third script next week (problems getting the tablets) so have to do it early, but still not have been called 4 a weigh in. I was weighed when I first went to the dr's.

Hit a 'plato' this week, have not seemed to of lost anything this week....Grrrrr!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.