How are you?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Christmas being a difficult time...

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Just to add... If it's any help I hate it.... The expectations, the happiness, the involvement.... hardest time of the year for sure for me at least ... Feeling it for anyone not feeling it xxx

• Posted

Hi there. I am better now. Many years ago my life changed after a divorce and it was hard. But now I have adapted and have learned to make plans. It was always my favorite time of the year. But it is extremely hard for many people so I hear how hard it is for you. Diane. 
  • Posted

My mother passed away three weeks ago so you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to Christmas.   I was already on anti depressants before she became ill, but I suspect I will need a stronger dose now.

Despite the above, I hope that all people who are fit and well have a merry time.

Madeleine.

• Posted

Madeline

This time of year for me can be very soulful, I have no family to celebrate Christmas as we broke from them and we disappeared from all my Relatives as well so e could not be found. Christmas is a sad time as is New Year, although in some ways it is a time of love and peace

Losing your Mother Christmas must be very hard for you and and your family and relatives. This time of Year is a time of reflection and love for those around us and those who have gone before us. Try and look on past Christmas as a time of joy and love to those who are not here to celebrate with you. We all have regrets and sadness, we need to move on as best we can. Christmas is for living, enjoy this week 

Discuss your loss with your GP in the New Year if the need arises, or talk out your sadness with family around you, hopefully this will help you move on

BOB

• Posted

Kate

Watching TV, Chatting to people on here. Christmas Dinner, me the Wife and Pax our only visitors

How are you

Merry Christmas

BOB

• Posted

Hi BOB,

I made it through, cheers! 

Happy New Year blessings to you and you family xx

• Posted

Very hard for me to be joyful while I am experiencing so much physical and mental trials. For those around me, I don't want to disturb their joyfulness because of my lack thereof and bring them down. I know the answer is Jesus Christ, but He is obviously healing me in His time. Therefore, I either hold on to the faith or end my life. I would probably do the latter if I didn't have a wife to care for. Christmas came to us because of Christ. Period. So what is with all this other junk that goes on? My depression deepens souch during this time of year.

• Posted

here lonely in new york city depress and feel broken
    • Posted

Sorry Joel do you want to tell us a little more? Diane 
  • Posted

Yeah agree, no dad unlaws your put a front on for etc. Not the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.