How are your iron and ferritin levels after pursuing the Uterine Artery Embolization procedure?

Posted , 1 user is following.

When I was sent to the ER due to low iron, they discovered through an ultrasound reading that I had a fibroid that was causing me to menstruate heavily. After doing an MRI, they found that my 7 inch fibroid was within my uterus and was pushing against my back. Knowing that my chronic fatigue, shortness and heavy bleeding was caused by one fibroid made me relived and angry at the same time. It's relief to finally know why I had all these symptoms, but I'm mad at myself for not doing something early about these issues. During my childhood, I never vocalized my needs because my parents would get annoyed if I said I wasn't feeling well. I had to yell at my parents to drive me to the ER because I could barely lift up my head, or speak. They never apologized for not believing me.

I'll be having a video consultation in 2 weeks with someone who specializes in Uterine Artery Embolization (UAE). Here's my question: how are iron and ferritin levels after doing the UAE procedure?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.