How bad is your thrush during a yeast infection? *Graphic*

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had bacterial vaginosis followed by a yeast infection last year and it wasn't as bad.. the yeast infection was noticeable by a cottage cheese like discharge with no smell. This time... same thing happen bacterial vaginosis and soon after I am noticing yeast infection symptons. But, this time it was a lot worse.. I had swelling, a lot of itching and the main thing that suprised me is this Thick-cottage cheese like stuff coming out.

Yesterday I took one Diflucan pill which last time worked fast. This time, I guess it's working I don't know but.. Ok, here goes the graphic part.. I literally stuck one clean finger inside to see if I still had this and there was aaa lot of the cottage cheese I mean it was so much and nasty, it felt like I was taking out wet toilet paper out of me. no smell but just the texture was so thick.. does this mean it's flushing out? I hoping it is, and hopefully the diflucan works it's way so I no  longer have yeast.  Has anyone had thrush cottage cheese like this bad?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Candy sounds like a real bad attack of thrush hear. I well know the sorness and the swelling this can cause, drink plenty of water to make sure your uthrea and bladder doenst get infected as well.

keep of sugar as this helps breed the bacteria. I once added a couple of drops of tee tree oil to some live yogurt and dipped a tampon in the mix because i was so bad, it did help.  has the dr not given you pesseries to insert as well to help clear the thrush? you need treating from both ends, one to swallow and one to insert.

Sue 

• Posted

Thank you for your response Sue!

The thrush got the worst on the last day of Flagly and one the first day of Diflucan which I have a feeling it could had been because it was flushing it out my system because now I am on day 2 after taking my first dose of Diflucan and the thrush is completely gone!! So glad it seems that I am cleared but so afraid of it coming back so I want to drink a lot of water,eat yogurt etc to colonize good bacteria back.

• Posted

Candy my reply was not permitted so im going to pm you ok!

Sue 

• Posted

Candy look up probitics by optibac   These ones are partically good at getting to the vagina. If you want the link pm me. Im not allowed to say what it is hear.! Apart from keeping of sugar avoid yeast in foods. Look up candida.

Sue 

• Posted

Do you use tampons? Sometimes tampons can be contaminated with fungi that are not sensitive to Diflucan. I wouldn't play the guessing game with a fungus: most likely the fungus will win. See a good doctor right away. Fungal infections that are out of control can be life threatening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.