How bad should the gallbladder be before removal suggested

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had my first terrible gallstone attack a couple of weeks ago, bad pain and vomiting. went to the gp who did a blood test and organised a scan. Blood tests came back that liver enzymes ALT and GGT were very high. Had my scan which confirmed gallstones but gallbladder was not inflamed and bile ducts were not dialated. Since then Ive had my bloods checked and liver enzymes had gone down, one is now normal and the other had halved.

I have an appointment with the gastroenerologist in a week. GP was reassured that liver enzymes were going back down. Ive had a slight pain in gallbladder ever since.

I was just wondering at what point is it recommended that the gallbladder is removed? Has anyone had anything similar to me and if so what did they recommend? I also had mild pain in the summer and was given buscopans for it, but no severe attack back then.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.