How big has your uninfected cyst become?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have had a bartholin cyst for at least a year now, it hasn't become infected but is getting bigger! The last week I have been taking warm baths, serape praise and silica and it seems to be getting bigger and harder since then! It's about the size of a gold ball now and it's getting uncomfortable to sit and is slightly tender! Although this could be because of all the poking and priding of it that I've been doing this week!

Have baths, silica or serrapeptase made any of your cysts worse? I'm not sure weather to stop doing all these things? And how big have you uninfected cysts got?

Has anyone managed to make their uninflected cyst smaller or do all these things just work on an abscessed cyst?

I'm getting really worried as really don't want marsupilisation but if it doesn't go down or gets any bigger I will have to :o(

Anyone who has had marsupilisation? How Long afterwards where u able to drive again? And how long was healing? What did it look like straight after the operation?

Any help and advice is really appreciated!! I'm im the uk

Debbie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Debbie,

I have had the same issue with the sitz bath. I recommend u do the baths with betadine. And also put warm rags on it 4 times a day. It definitely helps it to burst. And the betadine put like 3-4 caps in the bath and stay in there like 45 min about 3 times a day. I hope u feel better and mine was actually infected so I was on antibiotics. But after it burst its so much better and u could keep doing the baths and rags after it burst as well. Sometimes it does get harder but that's because it's getting ready to burst. Mines got really large and I couldn't even walk cause of the pain but as soon as I started doing it that night it burst! Good luck Debbie!! But definitely try betadine instead of the salt I changed that cause I felt like it was making it bigger as well.

• Posted

Oh and the betadine helps soften the tissue which I'm sure is what makes it burst faster
  • Posted

I've had the cyst several times, and have had it lances, catheterized, marsupialization, and eventually had the duct and gland completely excised. The marsupialization was not bad because I was completely put under anesthesia. I was able to drive the following day, and for the most part resumed normal activities within about three days (except no sex for 6 weeks) I had the cyst a total of 5 times and and every time it was about the same size as a walnut. My cyst never became infected, probably because I either saw my GYN or went to the ER within 24 hrs of me noticing that it was beginning to form, which was directly after my husband and I had sex. The only thing I ever thought that really helped me relieve some of the pain and discomfort was sitting in a hot bath. (Well, and of course some pain pills given to me by the doctor-hydrocodone or Vicodin)
  • Posted

One more thing: if I knew then what I know now...I'd have asked for complete excise of the entire gland and duct IMMEDIATELY-instead of having to go through the pain of having it lanced, drained, catheterize, repeat, repeat, then, marsupialization....which all led to the same thing....it returning over and over again and again
  • Posted

I had a marsipulization going on 4 weeks ago this Sunday and after the surgery I was out of hospital within a few hours, other than a bit of tenderness I was fine. I took a week off work to heal and rest.. The anesthesia really knocked me about. I had my BC for 9 years. Cut myself shaving when I was 19 & then had sex after the incident (there was no bleeding or signs of anything wrong) and the next day a lump started to form.. After that I had one every month for 18 months until it went away on its own for 7 years and then suddenly came back.

Right now I have a lump where the incision is, which my dr says is normal and I'm healing nicely. Don't be scared of the marsipulization. Yeah it may not work for every one but it does for a lot of women. No one can ever say why a cyst forms. I know I got mine cutting myself shaving (which after mine returned my GYN surgeon and a nurse asked on two different occasions before my surgery if I had shaved - I had a week before the cyst filled up).. Sometimes it's hormone related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.