How big is the incision?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning, Im due to have an abdominal hysterectomy next month I was just wondering how large the incision is?

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Morning Jacqui,

I had mine 2 weeks ago and the incision is about 15cm long and it’s just on my natural crease at the top of my pubic area. My partner is really pleased with the scar as it’s healing so well and not obvious at all. My stomach is flatter now the mass has gone too. Good luck, I’m sure  everything will go well and just shout if you need to know anything. This site really helped me when I had Pre-op worries :-) x

• Posted

Hello Sarah

Thanks for that. Just wondering how long were you in hospital for and how are you in yourself?

• Posted

Hi jacqui i had a full abdominal hysterectomy and they had to sort my bowel and bladder as they were glued due to endeometreosis two weeks ago tomorrow. My scar is between 7 - 8 inchs on my bikini line. The first 10 days were difficult. I was in hospital 4 nights. Hope all goes well for you hun xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for that Lynn,

On another note did you purchase a heat pad or abdominal binder and/or pillow as I have seen some ladies on here have recommended them.  Not sure why or what sort of heat pad you would need!  Bit confused smile

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.