How can i feel good as i was

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have many issues with my health first of all describing my symptoms. which occurs from last 30-40 Days

1. Fatigue/Body Pain

2. Backpain

3. Some part of right foot feeling numb.

4. Sometimes feeling pressure on the top of the head.

5. Derealization or feeling out of the body. out of patience

The last 2 symptoms are occuring from last year but after intervals sometimes weeks or months.

I have no serious illness in past or family have.

I have recently diagnosed for thyroid function, B12 & CBC reports are as follows

My Report

T3 level 131.20 ng/dl NORMAL

T4 level 7.41 ug/dl NORMAL

TSH Level 9.43 uIU/ml Elevated

B12 247.70 pg/ml Low

CBC is Normal

Now my question is that i am in fear that there is something wrong with my head especially with this lightheadedness & feeling patience less.

PLEASE HELP & SUGGEST as i am in a treatment for thyroid and B12 with an endocrinologist from last week.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rashid

I do not know the answers to all your queries but if you are anaemic then this can make you feel light headed and weak.

The rest of your signs and symptoms may be due to thyroid problems.

kind reqards

Jean

• Posted

Thanks Jean Actually I am afraid that i always feel like i am floating when walking no falling happened till date.
  • Posted

Hello Rashid:

I am a Nurse and I live in the USA and I have thyroid disease. Mine is called Hashimoto's Disease.

Your TSH is elevated normal is (0.34-5.60)  this suggests that your thyroid is not using T4 well enough.  Our Thyroid gland makes 4 hormones and the two of them are T3 and T4. (There is a T1 and T 2 not used for this conversation).  In a normal non thyroid person, T4 is made into useable T3. the gland converts it.

Symptoms of low thyroid(  HYPO) are: Brain foggy, feeling tired/sleepy,  feeling cold, feeling blue or depressed, dry skin and brittle nails, weight gain, muscle aches and pains, headaches.

Symptoms of high thyroid (Hyper) is rapid loss of weight, bug eyes, nervousness, feeling HOT, feeling anxious, heart runs fast, lightheaded.  Famous  American actor Don Knotts had this disease, if you remember him.

There are more but these are common ones.

Blood work should also include a mineral panel to include sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and Ferritin levels, and Vit D and B-12.  If you had that done and they are good, that is important to know. Also tests for TPO antibodies, is also recommended.

B-12 can be replaced by an injection.  You may need to take a multi-vitamin if you have low levels of Vitamins. Most of us have low Vit. D too as it tends to go along with thyroid problems.

Some people start off with Hyper and then go Hypo, or they swing back and forth. Your doctor can prescribe thyroid replacement meds if needed. Explain all of your symptoms to your GP or a special doctor called an Endocrinologist. Some people can not convert T4 into T3 any more or well enough.  So the doc. can prescribe the right med for you.

Many women get thyroid disease between the ages of 20-40 and after childbirth and some get it at menopause.  Epstein-Barr disease is a known virus that can cause thyroid problems.  It can lay dormant in the body and in some it attacks the thyroid.

Please see your doctor and keep a good log of your symptoms.  Thyroid disease can run in families so think and let your doctor know if anyone else in your family has it, like an aunt or cousin. Ask other relatives.

If you go onto thyroid meds your TSH level will settle down. So follow up with your GP on this. You can live a good life once you have this solved.  I got it in my 20's and I am 54.

I hope this helps.  Be well, Shelly

• Posted

Hey Shelly thank you very very much as my TSH is elevated only So what I have Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyriodism. Please Tell as per my report

T3 level 131.20 ng/dl NORMAL 

T4 level 7.41 ug/dl NORMAL

TSH Level 9.43 uIU/ml Elevated

• Posted

Hello Rashid:

Sorry for the delay, we had a holiday in USA, and I was away for a few days. 

From your symptoms it sounds more like the beginings of Hypothyroidism.   In some of us when the thyroid disease is new some people swing back and forth between Hypo and Hyper.

Have you seen any weight gain?  Having a lot of fatigue can be a sign of  Hypothyroidism.  Both Hypo and Hyper can cause muscle pains. Hyper tends to make you have insomnia and be anxiety/nervousness feelings.

Your doctor should keep a check on your blood work and if they get 2 bad results in a 6 month period of time, then it is not a fluke. You have not been on any other new medications lately? 

Keep an eye on your symptoms.  Log it down.  Some symptoms come at different times or worsen.  It helps to be able to show this to your doc.

I hope this helps.  Shelly

• Posted

Hi Rashid

Is your blood presure all right?

Areyou on any medication that can give rise to light headedness etc.

Some generic brands can cause problems for me even of the same drug..

• Posted

That is all right.

I take anti hypertensive medication.

This usually controls my blood pressure.

My tsh was 0.17 . T4 was 16.5 TPOA's were less than 33.

The TsH of 0.17 is low and suggests subclinical hyperthyroidism.

Jean

• Posted

Rashid

I also have 20 nodules on the thyroid.

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.