How can I get over sleep anxiety once for all?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 19 year old male which never had any sleep problem , suddenly I started having sleep anxiety which resulted in less sleep than I used to Do. I usually start having anxiety before bedtime and I think always of how much I slept , how much time I have to sleep and that I am afraid to die , this thing is like a vicious cycle and I don't know how to get over this , it goes my life behind any help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have been having the same thing this past week! i struggle to fall asleep because I'm continually thinking about how i need to fall asleep but can't. i would go to the doctor but i feel silly telling them i have this! have you found anything that works for you?

• Posted

No i dont have unfortunately this thing is the worst I could ever have I don't know what to do , did something trigger this to you or it occurred suddenly?

• Posted

No i dont have unfortunately this thing is the worst I could ever have I don't know what to do , did something trigger this to you or it occurred suddenly?

• Posted

i have just started magnesium citrate 100mg three a day You can try one 100 mg.two hrs before bedtime and if it stimulates you take them day time.glycinate also works for some people.google mmagnesium for sleep anxiety reviews

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.