How can I get rid of smokey vision?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I got my first pair of CibaVision Freshlook clear lenses yesterday. I wore my lenses for almost four hour. But after the first hour of wearing, my vision got kind of smokey. As if something caught fire and there were smoke everywhere. I returned home ASAP and took them off. But the problem didn't go away. It's been almost 20 hours I'm without lenses. Though the fog cleared up I can't properly read anything yet... Is this normal or should I go to eye expert! Thanks for reading…

N.B. I was in a fully air conditioned classroom when the problem arised

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had this a couple of times with my old contact lenses and I went to the eye doctor to give me a full check. Fortunately there was no problem for me but I changed my contacts to daily, ( the others were fortnightly) I have not had a problem since. I think it is very important to get your eyes checked because if there is a serious problem that can affect your vision you will be sorry if you left it. I would also recommend not wearing contacts until you have been checked and think about getting a new type of lens. You may be sensitive to something about that type of lens.
    • Posted

I think the problem is that my lenses are too thick for oxygen to pass through. Saw a lot of bad reviews on freshlook. I'm going to get Acuvue ASAP. Though my mother is really concerned after what happened yesterday sad Thanks for your information cheesygrin^

• Posted

Another bit of advice I wish I was given is when using products for your eyes like eye drops, contact lens solutions or eye washes is always choose preservative free because you may develop problems later where you can’t wear contacts for very long or in some cases not at all. I hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.