How can I help my foreskin detach?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am a 24, uncircumcised male and raised in a very conservative household (read: foreign country) where stuff like this wasn't talked about much. I recently discovered through online reading that the foreskin is supposed to eventually detach from the glans at around ages 10-15 but mine hasn't. I've masturbated all my life and I regularly clean under the foreskin in the shower. My erect penis does not retract. When flaccid, I can retract my foreskin to about a cm below the full glans so the head is revealed but I noticed that a part of it is attached to the glans. I did some research on it and discovered that this is unnatural. So, I came here for your suggestions on how I can go about getting the foreskin to detach naturally. Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Without seeing it I don't think anyone could advise what to do. I would suggest going to your doctor and get

peace of mind. I was so worried about going to my doctor about my problem but so pleased I did as I did

indeed need a circumcision in the end . Hope this helps

• Posted

how hard and how frequently do you masturbate ? every hour ?

its possible that if you dont have natural lubrication then something has to do with that

• Posted

Hi Rarehunter,

I guess it ultimately comes down to whether having a foreskin that does retract fully with erection or when flaccid is in fact giving you any problems.

By the sounds of it you are getting decent erections and that you are able to masturbate effectively, the fact that your foreskin doesn't retract fully doesn't seem to prevent either.

If it were painful to get an erection or painful to masturbate or have sex then clearly you would need to do something.

Some guys never seem to have their glans exposed, because the foreskin is too tight at the meatus/tip, preventing it from being drawn down with erection. That doesn't sound like it is your case, as you can retract by a cm, you say.

If you are masturbating regularly then it sounds as if you are providing enough stress on the for skin / glans bond for it to separate naturally if it were going to.

If it is not causing you grief then leave alone; if you see your dr s/he may just suggest a referral for a circumcision.

As an uncut guy, I'd prefer to keep my foreskin unless necessary to lose it. On the other hand you may be happier with a penis with an exposed glans, and no foreskin?

Let us know how you get on.

Best

CF

• Posted

hi i was raised in care so hence knew nothing, any hoo i at 19 had a partner and a good sex life, one day we went at it , she was dry, it hurt us both but it was good. when we finished my penis was covered in blood. i thought it was her period but no, i'd snapped the top bit to the foreskin. i went to hospital, like i said i didn't know. when you pull foreskin back looking down at it there's like a tendon holding it. it should snap through masturbation or intercourse, and quickly heals, and you keep ypur polo neck, keep it clean. if problem persists i'm sure you could get the string/tendon surgically snipped rather than removing the polo neck,

• Posted

Your foreskin is perfectly normal. It should be attached on the underside to the glans. Have a look at the picture at: (warning explicit) where you will see what I mean.

Patient Moderator Comment: I have removed the URL (a link) from your reply as it is superfluous.

• Posted

Look at your masturbation habits.  You have likely put too much pressure on it and done it too much, or rubbed it forward.  

It needs chance to repair. Don't do it for a while. No more than once every 3 or 4 days.

You will then hopefully get spontaneous erections (erections without having to touch the penis).  These strong erections will push against the skin and stretch it.  You do not want to masturbate these erections away. You want them to be as strong and long lasting as possible, to maximise stretching.

Because the 3 spongy chambers will be restored to the natural inflated position, there will be extra "give" and sponginess - so it will be easier to pull the foreskin down.

To maximise penis size be as thin and muscular as possible. This will increase testosterone and other male hormones. 

It will also increase blood flow. 

You will want to then get strong long lasting erections. These will expand the penis. 

Do not masturbate too much and don't apply a lot of pressure as you can damage the 3 spongy chambers.

• Posted

hii I'm sanjay and i have foreskin problem.

my panis skin is back easly but during sex and normal time that comeback again. i want my manis glanc is open during sex but panis skin is loose that's why my glance is covered sex time. so what i do. my glance is open during sex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.